- RETAIL briefs. // Home Textiles Today;7/30/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p2
Presents updates on retail businesses in the United States as of July 30, 2001. Wal-Mart's dismissal of employees and elimination of positions; Relaunching of bloomingdales.com by Federated Direct; Kmart's testing of a circular strategy in Chicago, Illinois.
- September sales soft as consumers are cautious. Lillo, Andrea // Home Textiles Today;10/21/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p16
Reports on the decline in sales of retail stores for September 2002 in the United States. Effect of consumer behavior on sales; Percentage decline in sales of retailers; Companies that gained from the retail sales.
- Retail viewpoints vary from FGI conference. Lazaro, Marvin // Home Textiles Today;11/11/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p1
Features the Fashion Group International's (FGI) annual conference about the state of the retail industry, titled 'The Best of Times, the Worst of Times'. Corporate sponsors of the conference; Discussion moderator; Members of the discussion panel; Views about the 2002 holiday season.
- Retail rally nets slight Nov. gains. // Home Textiles Today;12/9/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p17
Reports on the same-store sales of the U.S. retail trade industry for November 2002. Heightened sales activity; Promotional activities; Lengthier store hours.
- Redbook sees slight gain in 2nd week. // Home Textiles Today;4/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p18
Reports on the financial performance of the New York-based retailer, Redbook Co. for the year 2003. Sales; Discounter sales; Comparison with other retailers.
- Tight Squeeze. Johnson, Ben // Shopping Center World;Apr2002, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p18
Focuses on the pressure faced by retail companies in the United States to perform in a market with limited funding. Flight to improve retail space quality; Efforts by retail tenants to improve overall profitability by weeding out their marginal stores. INSETS: Top Lenders Survey;Top...
- LEASING TRENDS. DeGross, Renee // Shopping Center World;Jun2002, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p12
Focuses on the status of Macy's store in the retailing market as of June 2002.
- TeleCheck: Sales Up 2.7% in Dec. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;01/04/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31050, p2
Reports on same-store retail sales in December 2000 in the United States. Consumer spending in the same period.
- Mod Squad: Retailers Primed for Big Season. Bellantonio, Jennifer // Orange County Business Journal;11/3/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p6
Reports on the planned increase in spending by shoppers for the Christmas season in California. Items that are considered hot sellers during the Christmas season; Reason for the expected increase in sales this year 2003; Names of establishments that plan on increasing its staff for the holidays.
- Gigante, Others See Strike-Linked Surge. Cziborr, Chris // Orange County Business Journal;11/3/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p6
Reports on the expected increase in business in the Hispanic market in Orange County, California from the strikes that attack its rivals in the clothing market. views of some executives in the clothing industry regarding the situation; Challenge encountered by some retail stores; Names of...