- Supermarket Merger Frenzy. Andersen, Arthur // Chain Store Age;Aug99 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p33a
Reports on the merger-and-acquisition trends in retail industry. Why retailers are using mergers and acquisitions; Merger highlights in 1998; Important criterion to acquiring additional chains; One of the toughest technological challenges confronting retailers.
- Retail. // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/08/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p72
Reports on deals involving firms in the retail industry as of December 29, 2000. Volume of underwriting; Underwriting fees; Global merger and acquisition deals.
- AN ABUNDANCE OF PROSPECTS TEMPTS CONSOLIDATORS IN THE MERCHANDISING AID FIELD. Platt, Steven Keith // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jan2002, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p43
Focuses on the implications of consolidation of in-store development industries for the customers demand and retail trading. Utilization of services from the third party specialists; Complexity of procurement decisions and advancement of information technology; Concentration on the core...
- Cost of consolidation. Sloan, Carole // Home Textiles Today;12/17/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p12
Comments on the market of home textile small size retailers for consolidations in the United States. Acquisition target of big companies; Market mentality of business consolidation; Survival efforts of big companies.
- On Line. // Chain Store Age;Mar1999, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p128
Presents update on the retail trade in the United States as of March 1999. Acquisition deal between the National Retail Federation and the Association for Retail Technology Standards; Human resources software that will be installed by Body Shop of America; Stephen Hopper as Retek Information...
- Herbert Smith lands Hammerson work... // Lawyer;9/2/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p13
Reports the participation of Herbert Smith in the acquisition of Fforestfach Park, a major retail property development in Swansea, Wales. Members of Herbert Smith team; Comments of real estate partner Chris de Pury on the merger; Details on the transactional work of Hammerson.
- THE NEW DEAL: SHOPPING FOR GROWTH. Young, Vicki M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/27/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 43, p12
Examines mergers and acquisitions in the retail industry in the U.S. Snapping up opportunistic values that can enhance market share as the easiest way to grow a business; Benefits of mergers, including securing a level of earnings growth; Increased activity on the merger front mostly from...
- Bids for BhS. // Cabinet Maker;03/03/2000, Issue 5177, p4
Informs on Great Britain-based variety retailer BhS' receipt of several takeover offers.
- Inside Looking Out. // Housewares;Sep/Oct99, Issue 148, p49
Focuses on the impact of the acquisition of Asda by the United States retailer Wal-Mart on business in Great Britain.