- Merchants wary of rules change. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;09/02/97, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p9
Describes the potential impact of the proposed changes in the parking policy in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Proposed reduction in free parking; Alleged abuse of the city's parking program.
- Less free time, more spots mark parking proposal. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;09/08/97, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p11
Reports that members of the Free Parking Study Committee have endorsed a downtown parking policy in Grand Rapids, Michigan, that could set the standards for the future. Efforts to make parking more equitable for all downtown businesses; Free parking spots under the program; Suggestion of a...
- City to consider proposal for neighborhood business parking. Hoekman, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;07/20/98, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p9
Reports that city commissioners in Grand Rapids, Michigan, plan to consider parking policy recommendations from the Neighborhood Business Area Parking Task Force. Details of the parking policies recommended by the group; Expected benefits from the policy recommendations.
- Parking recommendations exclude GUS West option. Servaas, Lois // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/27/95, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p1
Discusses recommendations for automobile parking in Grand Rapids, Michigan by the state's Parking Task Force. Comment by Roy Schmidt, Grand Rapids City Commissioner; Exclusion of the `GUS West' designation; Features of the recommendations.
- Leader. // Cabinet Maker;8/5/2011, Issue 5749, p3
The author reflects on the potential impact on the move of the government to abolish the 2001 anti-car restrictions on the condition of high street retailers in Great Britain.
- City approves parking expansions, rate hikes. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;06/30/97, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p9
Reports that city commissioners of Grand Rapids, Michigan, have approved new parking regulations for the city's downtown area. Details of the parking regulations; Increase in parking rates; Expansion of parking.
- Parking space. Watson, Paul // BRW;04/07/97, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p12
Reports that the Australian minister for small business, Geoff Prosser, has cleared up confusion over who is eligible for exemption from the car-parking fringe benefits tax (FBT). Who will be exempt from FBT in April 1997; Concern among accountants over the exemptions for leased premises;...
- Parking restrictions expand to side streets. Tardif, Richard // Eastern Door;9/30/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p15
The article reports that Kahnawake's Community Protection Unit has expanded its parking restriction to side streets including the Rabaska Road, New River Road, and the Old Malone highway in Quebec.
- City could reconsider free restaurant parking. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;03/24/97, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p14
Reports that Grand Rapids' Bistro Bella Vista restaurant is asking for reconsideration of a one-hour-free parking program at its area 1 lot. Request to the city's Automobile Parking Commission; Suggestion of commissioner Mike Ellis to review policy; Provision of public parking.