- Leather players seek to stand out from the crowd. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;10/28/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p40
Reports on the competition posed by North American, Italian and Asian leather upholstery producers to U.S. manufacturers. Number of manufacturers serving the U.S. market as of October 1999; Price issues; Partnerships and acquisitions.
- LEATHER MAKES MARK ON WOOD SCENE. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;6/16/2003 Supplement, Vol. 27, p33
Discusses the use of leather in occasional furniture. Popularity of embossing; Enabling of common cowhide to resemble more exotic leathers; Creation of faux leather goods; Description of how faux leather is made; Factors contributing to the increased use of leather in upholstery. INSET: Style...
- Ottoman empire. Cardew, Ben // Cabinet Maker;7/15/2005, Issue 5447, p16
Focuses on the popularity of leather furniture in Great Britain. Emphasis on the functionality of the product; Image and quality of ottoman; Distinctive look of upholstered furniture. INSET: Leather upholstery care.
- Times Past Interiors sells into mainstream. // Cabinet Maker;11/26/2004, Issue 5416, p5
The article reports that bespoke furniture and restoration company Times Past Interiors has moved into the leather upholstery market with the launch of company, Hide and Stitch. The company is offering 10 day delivery on orders, made at its Cambridge factory. The company also hopes to move into...
- Leather looking up for 2004. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;12/29/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p25
Reports on the positive outlook for the leather upholstery sector of the U.S. furniture industry for 2004. Potential sales gains; Manufacturers that are heeding the call for upgraded leathers; Desire by retailers to step up to better price points in leather; Growth being achieved by Lane Home...
- Leather sources laud Tupelo. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;8/29/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 50, p21
Reports on the commendation of both veteran leather resources and newcomers on the trade show in Tupelo, Mississippi. Claim of the experts on the significance of the show in promoting the leather furniture industry; Role of the show as a means of promoting the upholstery market; Comparison of...
- Leather on recliners: A perfect fit. Andrews, Susan M. // Furniture/Today;01/01/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p26
Reports that furniture companies are manufacturing leather recliners as of January 1, 2001. Action Lane's plan to introduce leather-covered recliners in several winter furniture markets.
- Bradington-Young readying new starting grade of leather. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;9/15/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p14
Reports that Bradington-Young Inc. will introduce the starting grade of leather which will reduce the price of in-line leather chairs. Traditional styles of the product; Perceived value of the leather chairs in the market; Identification of the wholesale furniture products.
- Lazar positions leather collection as stylish stepup to Chinese imports. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;Nov2003 Supplement, Vol. 28, p10
Focuses on Los Angeles, California-based furniture maker Lazar Industries' Lazar Imports collection of chairs with high-grade leathers. Pricing information; Target market for the products.