Golf event raises _GCP_ 2,500
- 9th annual Magowitz event raises $500,000. // Furniture/Today;12/19/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 16, p14
The article reports that approximately 500,000 dollars was raised by the ninth edition of the Seena Magowitz Golf Classic for pancreatic cancer research and brought together top mattress producers, retailers and suppliers. More than 200 golfers went at the gala awards luncheon that is the...
- GOOD WEEK BAD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;9/23/2005, Issue 5457, p35
Reports developments on various aspects worldwide. Fundraising of the Languages for Schools through its Express Yourself campaign; Economic condition of furniture retailers in Australia.
- Hot SOHO category now a staple in San Francisco. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;07/31/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p30
Focuses on increasing demand for small office home office (SOHO) furniture in San Francisco, California. Requirement for factories to increase volume in sales; Trend in designing furnishings from contemporary to traditional styles; Aspiration of furniture retailers to be well-informed on the...
- Why future's still bright for independent retailer. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;08/21/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p36
Discusses how independent retailers can cope with changes sweeping the furniture retailing market in Canada. Benefits and drawbacks of not joining a group or a franchise; Maximization of profits while minimizing costs; Role that independent retailers play in the growth of franchise networks and...
- October market said reflection of industry's strength. McIntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;10/30/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p2
Reports on the growth experienced by furniture retailers in the United States in October 2000. Rise in product placements; Factors attributing to such industry growth; Determination of furniture retailers to keep fighting for sales, despite the threats posed by external factors such as rising...
- We welcome back Retail Ideas, so send us yours. Jarrett, Vicky // Furniture/Today;2/25/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p38
Comments on furniture retailing in the U.S. Publication of ideas from retailers; Strategies of Gates Furniture in advertising; Invitation for the submission of retailing ideas.
- Retailers see groups as 'profit enhancers' Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;8/26/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p8
Explores furniture retailers' practice of joining buying groups in the U.S. Benefits of joining buying groups; Profit-enhancing function of buying groups; Use of the Internet as a channel of distribution for furniture.
- Retailers' top 4 reasons for joining buying groups. // Furniture/Today;8/26/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p8
Explores furniture retailers' rationale for joining buying groups in the U.S. Marketing; Networking; Merchandising; Discount and rebates.
- Many groups follow the hardware model. // Furniture/Today;8/26/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p8
Discusses the hardware model of several furniture buying groups in the U.S. Retail trade; National brand recognition for an affiliation of independent buying groups; Penetration of collective consumer consciousness.