Seeking a standard
- In safer hands? Ball, Jennifer // Commercial Motor;1/20/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5112, p20
Analyzes the Road Safety Bill in Great Britain. Motives behind the British government's decision to overhaul the bill; Opposition of the Safer Streets Coalition to the plan; Approval of the bill by the Freight Transport Association; Purposes of the bill.
- Underriding concerns. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jan2007, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p110
The article offers information on the Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (CMVSS) 223, an underride regulation issued by Transport Canada. CMVSS 223 requires a rear impact guard that could withstand a force three times the strength requirement of the U.S. standard. In answer to this...
- Advocates For Highway Safety Is Critical Of U.S. Proposal For Reauthorization Of SAFETEA. // Insurance Advocate;5/19/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 19, p26
Reports that the Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety has criticized the U.S. Department of Transportation's proposal for reauthorization of the Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act (SAFETEA) of 2003. Statistics on the number of people killed in traffic...
- A Positive Bounce for DE? Robinson, Allen // Chronicle of the American Driver & Traffic Safety Education Asso;Fall2003, p4
This article focuses on the ADTSEA Conference that was held in Charlotte, North Carolina in the year 2003. According to the author it was a good program. The Utah Office of Highway Safety, Utah was very helpful with logistics and sponsored the closing banquet in the rotunda of the state capitol....
- N.Y. bill aims at punishing those who abuse auto accident course credit certificates. // Insurance Advocate;06/08/96, Vol. 107 Issue 23, p19
Reports on the introduction of a legislation that will impose monetary penalties against driving schools that improperly or fraudulently issue proof of automobile accident course completion certificates in New York. Provisions in the legislation; Revocation of the authority to offer motor...
- Traffic safety laws zero in on drunkards. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Feb2010, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p12
The article reports on the traffic safety laws enforced by the Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety which consider three particular areas including graduated driver licensing (GDL) programs, ignition interlock laws for drunk driving offenders and text messaging in the U.S.
- State to change driver program. // Graham Leader;7/18/2010, Vol. 134 Issue 97, p7A
The article reports on the approval of the Texas Public Safety Commission to change the Driver Responsibility Program rules in Graham, Young County, Texas.
- ATSSA at a Glance. // Roads & Bridges;Jul99, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p34
Features the American Traffic Safety Services Association in the United States. Mission and goals on improving and promoting roadway safety; Association officials; Membership benefits; Contact information.
- ATSSA Update. // Roads & Bridges;Jul99, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p36
Reports developments in the American Traffic Safety Services Association (ATSSA) in the United States. Schedule of 30th Annual Convention and Traffic Expo; Revision of the Portable Changeable Messege Sign Guide; Launching of the Roadway Safety Partners program; Sponsorship of ATSSA of the...