Hydro Aluminum adds capacity at plant
- Slow reversal becomes a problem in wire drawing machine. Sheaf, Robert J. // Hydraulics & Pneumatics;Feb2012, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p41
The article calls on the readers to submit their solutions on the question about the possible problem on slow reversal in wire drawing machine, wherein the directional valve shifted, and the shuttle started to reverse at a very slow speed. INSET: Solution to December's bow thruster hydrostatic...
- Construct Your Own Portable Draw Bench. HOCH, JUDY // Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p51
The article offers step-by-step instructions for constructing a portable draw bench from scrap lumber and miscellaneous screws and bolts.
- City pins hope on attracting police-car maker. McLaughlin, Kathleen // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/13/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p33
The article focuses on the proposed plans of Carbon Motors Corp., regarding the production of E7 police car. Raymond Wenig, president of Ariel Savannah Angel Partners whose investment group has turned $40,000 into Carbon Motors, says that company is trying to raise money to build five cars....
- Hydro signs for QP smelter. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/10/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 50, p22
Reports on a heads of agreement signed by Norwegian company Hydro with Qatar Petroleum to develop an aluminium smelter in Mesaieed, Qatar. Terms of the deal; Aluminium production capacity of Hydro.
- HYDRO TO SELL NY EXTRUSION OPERATION. // Metal Producing & Processing;May/Jun2006, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p5
The article reports on Hydro Aluminum's plan to sell its extrusion plant in Ellenville, New York. The company has determined the plant's output is not in line with its North American organization. The factory produces drawn tube products that are used inc construction and consumer durable...
- The 2011 World Forecasts of Draw-Benches for Working Metal Bars, Tubes, Profiles, and Wire Export Supplies. Parker, Philip M. // World Trade Reports - Export Supplies;1/ 7/2010, pN.PAG
Several charts on the export of drawbenches to several countries including Germany, Poland and Mexico in 2011 are presented.
- Evaluating the temperature-deformation conditions on the tension pulleys of modern high-speed wet drawbenches. Kharitonov, V.; Goloviznin, S.; Ivantsov, A.; Usanov, M. // Metallurgist;Mar2009, Vol. 53 Issue 3/4, p236
Mathematical modeling is used to study how drawing speed affects the temperature-deformation conditions on the pulleys used on drawbenches. It is shown that these conditions have a significant effect on the regimes used in the high-speed wet drawing of wire. The pulleys can function either as an...
- Coated aluminium tubing and fittings. // ACR News: Air Conditioning & Refrigeration News;Sep2012 Supplement, p19
The article provides information on the coated aluminum tubing range from Everywair.
- Hydro Inks Deals to Divest Automotive Components Business. // Foundry Management & Technology;Dec2006, Vol. 134 Issue 12, p6
The article reports that automotive engine blocks producer Hydro Aluminium is divesting its Automotive Components operations in Europe and Mexico. The plan to sell off its components division is part of its corporate strategy to limit its involvement in downstream manufacturing while...