Lincoln Electric opens new service center
- How to repair a doorbell. Henkenius, M. // Popular Mechanics;Jan88, Vol. 165 Issue 1, p103
If your doorbell has had the life rung out of it, don't despair. Defective doorbells are easy and inexpensive to fix. And since a doorbell system operates on low-voltage current, there is little of the danger associated with regular household electrical work.
- How to repair a dishwasher. Schultz, M. // Popular Mechanics;Aug89, Vol. 166 Issue 8, p91
Offers instructions for repairing some of the most common dishwasher problems, such as a leaking pump, lack of water fill, and failure of water to drain properly.
- Appliance clinic. Toth, Steve // Popular Mechanics;Sep93, Vol. 170 Issue 9, p81
Offers advice on appliance problems. GE icemaker that is throwing ice cubes over the container; Vibrating washing machine; Finding humidifier parts; More.
- Basic appliance maintenance. Henkenius, Merle // Popular Mechanics;Jun93, Vol. 170 Issue 6, p63
Offers tips on basic appliance maintenance. Servicing refrigerators; Kitchen ranges; Dishwashers; Washers and dryers.
- Appliance clinic. Toth, Steve // Popular Mechanics;Jun93, Vol. 170 Issue 6, p75
Offers advice on problems with appliances. Panel-to-frame separation on General Electric refrigerator; Replacement parts for Wearever Bounty Pressure Cooker; Replacement parts for Ronson shaver; More.
- When to repair--or replace--an appliance. Forte, Carolyn // Good Housekeeping;May96, Vol. 222 Issue 5, p156
Presents tips on when and how to repair electric appliances. Average life spans of appliances; Common problems and their repair costs; Product innovations.
- Electrical maintenance in the 21st century. Knisley, Joseph R. // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Nov96, Vol. 95 Issue 11, p9
Discusses the maintenance and reliability management of electrical equipments in companies. Different maintenance practices; Factors that influence the electrical maintenance management; Importance of the functions of electrical maintenance personnel.
- Manpack radios... // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Aug98, Issue 549, p49
Advises military personnel to stop using the ST-138/PRC-25 electrical equipment harness. Information on the harness; Why some continue to buy the harness directly from the manufacturer; Suggested parts in making the LC-2 harness.
- Appliance clinic. Toth, Steve // Popular Mechanics;Jul93, Vol. 170 Issue 7, p83
Answers `Popular Mechanics' readers' questions about caring for appliances. How to cure a whistling Whirlpool refrigerator; Replacing timer of GE Pot Scrubber 900 dishwasher; Installing a heater kit in Frigidaire frost-free refrigerator.