MHT responds to soaring metals prices
- in brief. // Commercial Carrier Journal;May2008, Vol. 165 Issue 5, p14
This section offers news briefs from the U.S. trucking industry. The public comment period on the notice of proposed rulemaking for the minimum training requirements for entry-level commercial motor vehicle operators of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has been extended until May...
- Old metal, appliances and wire are their desire. MCGARRY, CAITLIN // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);8/1/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 31, pP16
The article discusses the scrap metal market and business of SA Recycling. It elaborates on SA Recycling's 1-800-GOT-SCRAP program which picks up household items, even cars, to be recycled for a fee. The author notes that the scrap metal business has been growing amidst the spiking prices of...
- Ferrous. // Resource Recycling;Sep2010, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p11
The article reports that the obsolete scrap prices for recycling market of ferrous raised in August 2010.
- Marmon to host free tech expo. // Fleet Owner;Sep2010, Vol. 105 Issue 9, p58
The article offers information on a free technology exposition to be hosted by Marmon Highway Technologies LLC at its headquarters in Trussville, Alabama on September 28, 2010.
- Scrap prices head down. Bennett, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p3
Buyers of scrap steel and of metal made from scrap can breathe a little easier after the market experienced its first substantial price drop in the last three years. As of last Tuesday, April 13, the price of scrap steel in Greater Cleveland, Ohio, had declined about $30 per gross ton, to $267...
- Scrap Volatility Unlikely to Abate. // Metal Center News;Oct2005, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p23
Reports on the instability of scrap metal prices in the U.S. Impact of imported scrap metal on domestic pricing; Speculation in the scrap market relating to Hurricane Katrina; Statement of John Anton, director-steel service at Global Insight Inc., regarding the volatility of scrap metal prices.
- BWE developing complementary systems. // Trailer / Body Builders;May2011, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p10
The article reports that Brake and Wheel Ends (BWE) of Cullman, Alabama, a business group of Marmon Highway Technologies (MHT), is developing systems to improve performance of brake and wheel end components for the heavy truck and trailer market.
- Marmon Highway Technologies launches division dedicated to intermodal. // Fleet Owner Blog;1/16/2014, p4
The article reports that Marmon Highway Technologies has launched Fontaine Intermodal, a stand-alone division within its Fontaine Engineered Products company which will design and produce products for the intermodal transportation market.
- Marmon group issues products. // Fleet Owner;Jun2003, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p44
Looks at products for the trucking industry launched by various units of Marmon Highway Technologies. Inclusion of Marmon-Herrington's introduction of its Low Floor front wheel steer/drive system; Detroit Steel Products' launch of the Stabil-Air value-priced air suspension system; Fontaine...