- Nuclear Energy. // Monthly Energy Review;Aug2008, p111
The article presents several statistics concerning the nuclear energy industry in the U.S. in August 2008, including nuclear electricity net generation, nuclear power capacity, and nuclear electric power production.
- Industry Comment: UK energy review: let battle commence. // MarketWatch: Energy;Mar2006, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p5
The article reports on lobbying activities involving nuclear energy in Great Britain. The start of the formal energy review in the country led to increase lobbying efforts among nuclear generation, renewable and conservation groups. The Health and Safety Executive has launched a study to examine...
- Doubts gather over central nuclear safety. // Utility Week;12/12/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p12
Reports on the opposition to the proposed Brussels, Belgium-based institutions responsible for nuclear safety within the European Union. Plan of the European Parliament committee to amend the proposal; Recommendation to create a regulatory authority committee for the industry.
- Talkin' about new generation. Duckett, Adam // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Jul/Aug2009, Issue 817/818, p24
The article talks about the world nuclear industry. It discusses the nuclear power generating capacities of various nations such as the U.S., Japan, France, Russia, China, Canada, India, South Korea, Great Britain and Germany. The author also discusses the reasons why a country builds new...
- India's nuclear plans dashed. // Power Economics;May2000, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the Indian parliamentary standing committee's opposition against India's plan to increase its nuclear power program. Atomic energy department's desire to raise nuclear power-generated electricity; Major activities in the Indian energy industries.
- Section 8. Nuclear Energy. // Monthly Energy Review;Jul99, p103
Presents statistics on the United States nuclear generating units in April 1999. Number of operable nuclear generating units on April 30, 1999; Number of units operating; Number of units with construction permits.
- Section 8. Nuclear Energy. // Monthly Energy Review;Jul2000, p107
Presents charts and graphs showing the nuclear energy production in the United States as of April 2000. Nuclear power plant operations; Nuclear generating units.
- Atomic Energy in Continental Western Europe. Gueron, J. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Jun1970, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p62
The article reports on the supply and demand of atomic energy in continental Western Europe. Indications showed that the industrial nuclear electricity demand in the region is still far from being sufficient enough to support a healthy European nuclear industry. Meanwhile, experts contend that...
- Powerful attraction. Pierce, Julia // Engineer (00137758);8/7/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 7705, p48
The article reports on the declaration of the Energy Review of Great Britain to have new nuclear power stations to minimize future reliance on gas imports and help deal with climate change. After the release of the review, nuclear industry secretary Alistair Darling affirmed to Parliament that...