Fitch Cautions That Continuing-Care Centers Have `Cloudy' Outlook
- Fitch: Cautious Outlook for CCRCs. // Bond Buyer;7/23/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31186, p2
Reports on Fitch Inc.'s outlook for the nonprofit continuing care retirement community industry in the United States.
- Tailor your CCRC presentation for `youthful' elderly. // Brown University Long-Term Care Quality Letter;10/16/95, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p1
Discusses issues concerning continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs). Appeal of CCRCs for the elderly; Problem of separating nursing home and assisted living residents from those who are still independent; Remarks from Steven J. Cohen, executive director of Orchard Cove, a lifecare...
- Demand for CCRCs is stable. // Brown University Long-Term Care Quality Letter;10/16/95, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p2
Reports on the demand for continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs). Trend toward CCRCs which started in the late 1970s; Involvement of corporations that recognized the market opportunity for CCRCs; Boom which has progressed into the 1990s.
- Level of CCRC services varies greatly. // Brown University Long-Term Care Quality Letter;10/16/95, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p2
Reports on the differences in the level of services provided by continuing care retirement communities. Types of services offered by CCRCs; Fees for these services; Three basic types of service plans.
- From the buyer's perspective: What they look for in a CCRC. // Brown University Long-Term Care Quality Letter;10/16/95, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p3
Discusses some considerations in purchasing a membership in a continuing care retirement community (CCRC). Financial strength of the facility; Importance of reviewing the contract; Visiting the facility.
- Top retirement and life care communities. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 15 Issue 52, p81
Presents a ranking of retirement and life care communities in Michigan based on revenues in 1996. Top executive; Number of employees; Number of residential units; Other services; Contact information.
- Brighton Gardens by Marriott. // Sarasota Magazine;Summer98, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p116
Presents information on Brighton Gardens of Venice, a residential-style housing designed for seniors who need some assistance with daily activities. Services offered by Brighton Gardens in Florida.
- The Glenridge on Palmer Ranch. // Sarasota Magazine;Summer98, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p117
Provides information on the Glenridge on Palmer Ranch, a not-for-profit continuing care community in Sarasota, Florida. Features of the community; Services offered for retired residents.
- Retirement centers. // Bond Buyer;09/08/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30721, p9
Reports on the changes in the nonprofit continuing-care retirement community industry in the United States. Operations and financial pressures on facilities.