Widening Spreads May Be Overcoming Buy-Side Skepticism
- Selected high-yield municipal bond trading activity[*]. // Bond Buyer;07/20/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30686, p7
Presents information on several high-yield municipal bond deals in the United States for the period July 12 to 16, 1999. Includes names of issuers; Details of the bond issues.
- Urban Sprawl Radiates a Certain Allure for Portfolio Managers. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;04/07/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30866, p9
Focuses on developments related to the high-yield sector of the municipal bond market in the United States as of April 7, 2000. Increase in investors' demand for non-rated bond issues.
- Even conservative buyers drawn to high yields on long end. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;11/4/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30762, p5
Reports on developments related to the municipal bond market in the United States as of November 4, 1999. Increase in demand for high-yield bonds; Factors affecting the market.
- Virginia beach CCRC deal shines in secondary trading. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;11/30/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30777, p5
Lists high-yield municipal bond transactions in the United States between November 19 and 23, 1999. Glut of deals for junk bond fund managers; Includes Virginia Beach, Virginia's continuing care retirement center offer; Credit rating on Dyer, Indiana Redevelopment Authority bonds.
- Managers are cautious about teeing off on golf bonds. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;01/26/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30565, p6
Focuses on United States-based fund managers' cautious approach to municipal golf course bond deals. AIM Advisors Inc. portfolio manager Franklin Ruben's skepticism about the high-yield bonds; Delaware Management Co. senior portfolio manager Elizabeth Howell's acquisition of a Santa Fe, New...
- Volume to Swell 35% This Week. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;5/14/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32628, p1
The article forecasts the volume in the U.S. municipal market from May 14 to May 19, 2007. The volume is expected to increase about 35% on the back of nearly $1 billion of debt from Pittsburgh's two largest hospital chains, one of which will come to market with one of the largest-ever municipal...
- BEST BOND BUYS FOR 2002. Polyak, Ilana // Money;Jan2002, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p71
Presents a listing of the best bond buys for 2002. Inflation-protected bonds which remove risk of inflation eroding the value of a bond's payout; Municipal bonds which yield nearly as much or more than Treasuries of similar maturity; Yield difference between corporate bonds and treasury bonds;...
- The High-Yield Squeeze. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;3/1/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32329, p1
The article reports on developments concerning the high-yield municipal bond market in the United States as of March 1, 2006. It discusses the limited supply of the high-yield bonds and its impact on the rate of return and credit spreads. The article also reports on the decision of some large...
- Selected high-yield municipal trading activity[*]. // Bond Buyer;11/09/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30765, p7
Presents a chart showing high-yield municipal trading figures in the United States, for the first week of November 1999.