SEC to Decide Whether to Adopt Hotly Debated Regulation FD
- Full Disclosure and Traders. Pickard, Lee A. // Traders Magazine;Jan2001, Vol. 14 Issue 176, p16
Discusses the effect of Regulation FD or the financial disclosure rule of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission on securities analysts and equity traders. Overview of the regulation; Concerns about selective disclosure; Benefits of the regulation.
- Analysts: SEC Rule Leaves Investors in Dark. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;9/18/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 179, p31
Reports on the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) issuance of the final version of its 'Selective Disclosure and Insider Trading' rule on August 10, 2000. Reasons why the SEC issued the rule; Consequences of the rule.
- The New SEC Challenge for IR: Make Every Man An Insider. Brooks, George // Equities;Sep2000, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p34
Focuses on the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's introduction of a rule designed to promote the full and fair disclosure of information by public companies. Enhancement of existing prohibitions against insider trading; Need for companies to issue position papers monthly or...
- Fair disclosure rule not without loopholes. Dennis, Matthew J. // Crain's Cleveland Business;09/25/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p31
Comments on the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's fair disclosure rule, effective October 23, 2000. Three primary issues addressed; Implications for investors; Potential loopholes.
- Full Disclosure: Your Board And Regulation FD. Pastuszenski, Brian E.; Hershman, Jordan D.; Willson, Charles F. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 21 Issue 125, p4
Focuses on the impact of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) Regulation Fair Disclosure (FD) on corporate officers. Enforcement actions of the SEC on violations of Regulation FD; Application of the rule. INSET: Two New Insider Trading Rules.
- Revised rule could reveal higher cleanup costs. // National Petroleum News;Apr94, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the possible impact of a revised rule by the Securities and Exchange Commission requiring companies to disclose anticipated cost of pollution remediation. Amount of future environmental cost versus the amount set aside according to Arco; Remarks by Arco spokesperson Al Greenstein.
- Little known SEC regulation: FD is to protect investors. McDonough, Tara // Fort Worth Business Press;04/13/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 51
Focuses on the fair disclosure regulation of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. Protection of individual investors; Release of material information through public methods; Selective disclosure of companies.
- SEC to Delay Options Trade-Through Rule. Hendrickson, Mark // Securities Industry News;03/12/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the decision of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to delay the implementation of its trade-through disclosure rule for options that is due to take effect April 1, 2001, in response to a request from the Securities Industry Association. Favorable reactions of...
- Proposed changes to proxy statement disclosures issued. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Personnel Journal;Dec93, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p91
Reports on the changes proposed by the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regarding proxy statement disclosure. Effectivity date of disclosure rules; Scope of SEC guidelines; Coverage dates on adoption of changes by the SEC.