Houston Sports Authority to Borrow Cash to Keep Construction Going
- Southwest Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/04/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30863, p23
Presents news updates on the bond market in the southwestern region in the United States as of April 4, 2000. Includes approval of a one percent city sales tax in Little Rock, Arkansas; Funds to be given for the construction of rural roads in Colorado; Fund raising efforts of the Harris...
- Houston Stadium-Builder Taps Reserves, Eyes Insurance. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/17/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33418, p1
The article reports on the plan of the Harris County Houston Sports Authority to use insurance to cover bond payments in Dallas, Texas. According to the author, the building authority pulled out five million dollars from its 56 million dollars reserve after diving into debt-service reserves for...
- Houston Agency Issuing Yet Again, This Time for Basketball. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/7/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31197, p32
Reports the creation of a major sports venue by the Harris County-Houston Sports Authority in Texas. Source of the capital to finance the construction; Responsibilities of the basketball team Houston Rockets; Description of the arena.
- Southwest bond-watch. Albanese, Elizabeth; Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;02/22/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30833, p27
Presents brief reports related to municipal bond issues in the Southwestern region of the United States as of February 22, 2000. Includes spending plan for Arkansas' share of the national tobacco settlement; Defeat of bond referendum proposed by the San Marcos Independent School District in...
- Arizona Agency on Tight Schedule to Nail Down Cards Stadium Site. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31448, p3
Reports the selection of site for the construction of the Arizona Cardinals stadium. Issuance of revenue bonds; Absence of constructing in an Indian reservation; Realization of the development plan.
- Hamilton County, Ohio, Prepares Sale for Cincinnati Reds. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;10/23/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31001, p5
Reports on the plan of Hamilton County, Ohio to sell 275 million dollars of bonds for the Cincinnati Reds stadium. Structure of the bonds; Payment plans.
- St. Louis Lawmakers Hope Governor Will Endorse Stadium Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;04/24/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31124, p36
Reports on the issuance of bonds for the construction of a stadium for the Saint Louis Cardinals in Saint Louis, Illinois. Structure of the bonds; Payment terms.
- ILLINOIS. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/21/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31101, p31
Reports on the progress of the proposed $ 580 million renovation of Chicago's Soldier Field after the Chicago Plan Commission endorsed the proposal despite objections of local and federal bank officials. Officials responsible for the renovation plans; Details of the overall financing package;...
- MINNESOTA. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/21/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31101, p31
Reports on the plans of Minnesota-based baseball team Minnesota Twins for construction of a $ 300 million stadium that would be financed by the team. Bond issue involved in the plan; Provision of an interest-free loan by Saint Paul, Minnesota; Introduction of a bill related to the bond issue of...