Calif. County May Lose Its Tobacco Take
- THE BORDERS OF SOLIDARITY: HOW COUNTRIES DETERMINE THE PUBLIC/PRIVATE MIX IN SPENDING AND THE IMPACT ON HEALTH CARE. Flood, Collen M.; Stabile, Mark; Tuohy, Carolyn Hughes // Health Matrix: Journal of Law-Medicine;Summer2002, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p297
Determines the role of public and private finance in health care of six different countries. Structure and dynamics of the health care systems; Impact of different mixes of public and private financing on the system; Details on the philosophical approach to allocating health care.
- Rural areas in Wales may get more cash. Ward, Seamus // Public Finance;03/14/97, p5
Reports that areas in Wales with large populations could receive more funding for health authorities. Fundamental review of the formula for allocation of funds; Concern about health authority debt; Effect of sparsity on costs; Assessment on the equitability of the formula; Introduction of a...
- The States Respond. Helquist, Michael // Advocate;3/4/86, Issue 441, p23
Highlights the results of a report by the Intergovernmental Health Policy Project which details the funding levels and legislative proposals in all 50 states in the U.S. Amount appropriated for AIDS-related programs; Supplemental requests for the 1986 fiscal year.
- Tobacco Money Battle Lines Drawn. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/15/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p3
Reports on the call to redirect Michigan's portion of the national tobacco settlement toward health care and anti-smoking efforts. General election that will decide where to put most of the state's tobacco settlement; Amount of tobacco settlement received by Michigan; Other efforts to redirect...
- Health services give ...40m assistance. // Public Finance;02/26/99, p12
Reports on the allocation of funds to health authorities in Great Britain for their rationalization and modernization programs. Lion's share of the special assistance funds to the Leeds health authority; Other recipients of the funds.
- Rural Scotland wins extra cash. Ward, Seamus // Public Finance;11/19/99, p15
Reports on the benefits of the changes in Scottish health board finances to rural districts in Scotland. Scottish Parliament's health and community care committee's efforts to examine plans that would affect cash-limited spending on general practicioners' prescribing budgets; Introduction of an...
- IN BRIEF. // Public Finance;07/21/95, p5
Reports developments related to finances in health care in Great Britain. Surplus in the National Health Service (NHS) Estates; Cost of market testing in the NHS in Norther Ireland; Comments by Health minister Tom Sackvill on NHS Loto.
- Tobacco Funds Belong To Health Care Providers. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/15/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p4
Analyzes whether education or health care should receive greater money from Michigan's tobacco settlement. Importance of education and health care on the economic survival of the state; Governor John Engler's support for college scholarship; Citizens for a Healthy Michigan's call to use the...
- PV plans not put in place before GF funding proposals. // Reactions Weekly;11/13/2010, Issue 1327, p6
The article highlights the findings of researchers from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GF) on the failure of countries applying for GF grants to include pharmacovigilance (PV) in their funding proposals.