Internationalization and performance of small- and medium-sized enterprises
- From the Editor's Desk. Pandey, I. M. // Vikalpa: The Journal for Decision Makers;Jul-Sep2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, Preceeding piv
Explains that business excellence is the focus of corporate people as of July 2003. Conviction of most executives that business excellence is the key for survival and sustainability of organizations in the future; Implications of globalization on the operations and organizations of businesses...
- Building a Balanced Performance Management System. Stivers, Bonnie P.; Joyce, Teresa // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Spring2000, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p22
Analyzes a performance management system that would help managers in their redesigning efforts. Role of performance management systems; Management processes facilitated by the balanced scorecard performance management model; Steps in the design stage of a balanced performance management system.
- What Determines Organization Performance? Child, John // Organizational Dynamics;Summer74, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p2
Identifies the factors which determines the level of performance achieved by organizations in Great Britain. Conduction of a research program involving companies selected from six industries; Use of manpower budgets and cost controls by less profitable firms; Ways to promote an effective...
- Measure for Measure. Atkinson, Anthony // CMA Management;Sep2000, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p22
Focuses on the use of the balanced performance measurement systems in business management. Four perspectives of the Robert Kaplan and David Norton balanced scorecard; Purpose of the implementing the balanced scorecard; Variation in the approach to the implementation of the balanced scorecard.
- Performance Assessment--A Statistical and Probabilistic Approach. Grant, Philip C. // Industrial Management;Jan/Feb83, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p26
Examines the approaches used in performance assessment. Description of effective performance; Validity in the mean level of performance; Identification on the assessment levels.
- What we need to know about performance appraisals. Danzig, Selig M. // Management Review;Feb80, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p20
Focuses on the performance of the appraisal process. Dissatisfaction of managers, subordinates, and administrators on the appraisal systems; Effectivity of the appraisal system; Problems encountered on the performance of appraisal practices.
- Start with results: A bottom-line strategy for management development. Guay, Claude G.; Waters, James A. // Management Review;Feb80, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p25
Focuses on the strategy for management development. Management development function in an organization; Responses on the training programs; Assumptions to the training programs.
- Firms failing to measure contractors. Parker, Robin // Supply Management;1/30/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the failure of business to measure the suppliers ability in Great Britain. Inconsistency of the firms performance measurement data; Problems with the quality of services; Lack of appropriate information system.
- Effective management: a measurement of employee performance. Zarcone, Teresa // Caribbean Business;5/17/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p31
Focuses on the importance of good management which is measured by the performance of employees. Qualities of an effective employment interview; Need for employers to inform newly hired employees of the company's objectives and disciplinary measures.