Dual-edged tools of trade: How international joint ventures help and hinder capability building of Chinese firms
- The Dynamics of International Strategic Alliances. Hertz, Susanne // International Studies of Management & Organization;Summer96, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p104
Shows some of the complications of forming strategic alliances in international networks. Relationship changes and relationship life cycle; Empirical case of international changes and strategic alliances; ASG-WACO alliance; Costs and economies of scale and scope; Development and protection of...
- The whole world in our hands. Dryer, Jerry // Dairy Foods;Jun98, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p27
Discusses the value of global alliance, a working relationship between a supplier in one country and an end-user in another. Benefits the dairy industry will get by forging global alliances; How to understand the value of global alliances; How global alliances helped United States whey...
- Global Strategic Alliances. Harper, Pamela; Varallo, D. Vincent // Executive Excellence;Oct2000, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p17
Discusses strategic and cultural challenges to global alliances between independent companies or formerly autonomous units of a multinational corporation. Multiple alliance relationships; Failure to take into account the differences in each company's style; Tendency of executives to seize...
- Strategies for Building a Worldwide Company. McGaughey, Nick W. // Industrial Management;May/Jun87, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p30
Focuses on the strategies for building a worldwide company. Trends of the global market; Importance of the knowledge of competitors on corporate formation; Formation of strategic alliances.
- The Essence Of Transnational Alliances. Baranson, Jack // Industrial Management;Mar/Apr90, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p31
Focuses on the essence of transnational alliances. Operational realities of structuring and managing transnational strategic alliances; Variation of the willingness of American companies to enter into strategic alliances; Ways of the companies to add value.
- Success lies in co-operation, not combat. James, David // BRW;11/16/98, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p187
Explains how companies can achieve global success by cooperating with competitors. Trend for fewer players to dominate worldwide in each industry; Basis for global commercial power; Redefinition of company structures; Strategic alliances.
- The control of international joint ventures involving Chinese partners. Pingli Li; Guliang Tang; Okano, Hiroshi // Financial Management;Sep2011, p54
The article focuses on a Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)-funded study on management controls in four automotive international joint ventures (IJVs) in China. It mentions that IJVs are the only available mode to enter Chinese market since the Chinese government does not...
- Providing local care on an international scale. Lazarus, Ian R. // Managed Healthcare;Jun99, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p16
Presents tips on how healthcare companies can successfully venture into the global marketplace. Development of an international strategy; Need to study diferent preferences and cultures of consumers in countries that a company targets; Forming international alliances as a strategy to achieve...
- Five Steps to Finding the Right Business Partners Abroad. Lalgee, John // World Trade;Mar99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p86
Discusses five steps to find the right business partner abroad. Focusing on international objectives; Defining one's ideal international partner; Conducting a comprehensive search.