TV STILL RULES JAPAN
- LET IT BEEB. Sutherland, Mark // Billboard;9/27/2008, Vol. 120 Issue 39, p22
The article discusses the effectiveness of marketing music through performances broadcast by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The positive impact which such exposure can have on a musical act's sales is discussed, and the example of acts such as Madonna, Coldplay and Radiohead, which...
- TUNES CHASE TUBE TIME. BARKER, ANDREW // Daily Variety;9/24/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 58, p1
The article offers information on the effort of the music supervisors and music label executives to find ways to highlight new or exclusive music tracks for television programs in the U.S.
- Sweet Cleans Up With Soaps. Paoletta, Michael // Billboard;8/26/2006, Vol. 118 Issue 34, p13
The article deals with music placements in television soap operas in the U.S., particularly the appearance of newcomer Kelly Sweet in the daytime soap, Passions on NBC. A power-pop ballad by Sweet was featured during a flashback scene. It is part of a brand-marketing strategy that will also see...
- A BAND A WEEK. Paoletta, Michael // Billboard;8/18/2007, Vol. 119 Issue 33, p5
The article discusses a promotional campaign by MTV Networks, called 52/52, which is to showcase one musical act a week in on-air, online and wireless promotions. Team Facelift was the first act to be spotlighted and future acts are to include Rodrigo y Gabriela, Kanye West and Foo Fighters. MTV...
- Sounding off. Aloi // SHOOT;10/31/97, Vol. 38 Issue 44, p33
Focuses on television commercial music and sound design. Competition among sound houses; Television audience receptive to music genres.
- SONGS IN THE KEY OF LIFERS. Fretts, Bruce // Entertainment Weekly;02/08/2002, Issue 638, p60
Reports on a growing trend among television programs to feature musical episodes, including 'OZ' and 'Variety.'
- MX:2009. // Billboard;9/26/2009, Vol. 121 Issue 38, p13
The article introduces a series of articles about methods for promoting music. These include articles on music publicity in Japan, China, Great Britain, Latin America and the U.S., as well as articles on specific techniques such as online social networks, product displays, in-store performances,...
- Upfronts And Center. Donahue, Ann // Billboard;5/31/2008, Vol. 120 Issue 22, p9
The article discusses the 2008 presentation of television networks' programming slates to advertisers, an annual, week-long event known as the Upfronts. The potential total advertising revenue for the season is estimated at $8.8 billion. The article focuses on the opportunities for the music...
- 'Majority of TV music unreported' // Music Week;1/27/2012, Issue 4, p4
The article reports on the 80% unreported licensed music played on television (TV) across the globe.