- Publishers' Net Sales: YTD Through March. // Book Publishing Report;5/19/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p5
Presents a graph showing net sales of publishers in the U.S. for the month of March 2003. Adult hardcover; Adult paperback; Mass market; Children's book; University press.
- Canadian Publishers Report Revenues of C$2.2 Billion. Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;9/25/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 39, p20
Reports on the total revenues reported by Canada's book publishers and exclusive agents for 1998-1999. Total retail sales in the period; Sales to the institutional sector; Pre-tax profit.
- Top Five Trade Houses Take 45% of Market Share. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/16/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 24, p9
Reports on the estimated revenues for trade book publishers in the U.S. in 2002. Sales of books published by Random House; Revenues of selected publishing companies.
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;05/22/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p6
Reports on the financial performance of several book publishers in the United States during the first quarter of 2000. Barnes & Noble's book sales; Net sales at pop-up book publisher Intervisual Books; Increase in comparable store sales at Books-A-Million Inc.
- Scholastic Reports 2Q Results, Posts Improved Performance in School Book Clubs and Fairs. // Book Publishing Report;12/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p5
Describes the financial results of publishing firm Scholastic Inc. for the second quarter of fiscal 2004, ended November 30, 2003. Overall revenues; Sales in the children's book publishing and distribution division.
- Oprah, Movie Tie-In Volatility Hits Houghton Mifflin in 2005. // Book Publishing Report;3/20/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p3
The article reports on the decline of the 2005 sales of Houghton Mifflin Co., a book publishing company in the U.S. The decline was blamed on the lack of movie tie-in revenue from the 2004 film "The Polar Express." Other factor was the diminishing sales from the 2004 Oprah Book Club pick "The...
- Time Warner Revenue Up In 2005; Book Publishing Praised. // Book Publishing Report;2/6/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p3
The article reports that Time Warner ended 2005 with an overall 7% increase in total corporate revenue during the fourth quarter and a 3.7% increase in total corporate revenue for the year. Trade publishing revenue grew by 8.8%. Time Warner subsidiary Time Warner Book Group managed to raise the...
- Book Sales Hit $117 Million at Hastings. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/5/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 14, p14
Reports on the increase in same-store sales of books at Hastings Entertainment for the year that ended January 31, 2004. Net income earned by the company; Reason for the increase in book sales; Percentage of store sales from video rentals and video.
- Sales Fall at Harlequin. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/2/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 31, p7
Reports on a decline in sales posted by publisher Harlequin in the second quarter of 2004. Percentage of decline in sales in the U.S.; Factor which had a major contribution to the decline in sales; Prospects for sales for the remainder of the year; Decline in operating profits and revenue.