NetRead Promising To Make Metadata Simple For Publishers
- AAP Ebook Task Force Splits Responsibilities, Sets Deadline. // Book Publishing Report;06/12/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p5
Reports the formation of a task force group for the electronic book industry by the Association of American Publishers. Delegation of responsibilities for the creation of standards for digital rights, metadata and numbering management of ebooks; Details on group members; Impact of the project...
- AAP unveils DOI at PSP Confab: Publishers interested but wary. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;2/24/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 8, p11
Reports on the demonstration of the Digital Object Identifier (DOI) system at the Association of American Publishers (AAP) annual professional/scholarly publishing conference held in Washington, D.C. on February 12 to 14, 1997. Expectations of the new tracking system for electronic publishing;...
- Publishers' case for electronic rights: AAP circulates new draft. // Publishers Weekly;5/22/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 21, p9
Reports on the general statement on electronic publishing issued by the Association of American Publishers. Challenge posed to book publishers; Effect on revenues and the future of book publishing; Issue of multimedia rights.
- Librarians Reach Out to Publishers at Conference. Kelley, Michael; Schwartz, Meredith; Barack, Lauren; Berry III, John N. // Library Journal;4/15/2012, Vol. 137 Issue 7, p14
The article covers a talk by Molly Raphael of the American Library Association, Jim Neal of Columbia University, and Anthony W. Marx of the New York Public Library to the Association of American Publishers on the topic of collaboration between publishers and libraries over ebook circulation.
- SSF '99: Color proofing, page layout, PDF workflow, Web in printing, etc. // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;09/27/99, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p3
Focuses on the publishing industry highlighting major areas of activity. Internet commerce's domination of the industry; Product introductions; Reduction of costs and improvement in quality.
- Online Publishers Association Formed. Pack, Thomas // EContent;Sep2001, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p9
Announces the formation of Online Publishers Association, an organization of Web's top content companies. Members of the organization; Mission of the organization; Enhancement on the value of its member brands.
- News Briefs. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Apr2000, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p37
Reports on developments related to electronic publishing in the United States as of April, 2000. Two electronic commerce and publishing software solutions launched by Metacode Technologies Inc.; Release of Trellix Corp.'s Trellix Web version 2.6; Customers using the digital rights management...
- book bytes. Thomas, Michelle; House, Pat // Black Issues Book Review;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p74
Provides information on online shopping and electronic publishing. Things to consider when buying books and other gifts online; Discussion on the electronic publishing of books and magazines.
- Digital Object Identifier system February 13, 1997 demonstration. // SISAC News;Summer/Fall97, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p12
Discusses the demonstration of the Digital Object Identifier (DOI) system on February 13, 1997 at the Association of American Publishers (AAP)/Professional and Scholarly Publishing Division Annual Meeting. History; Technology of the system; Future capabilities.