Lightning Source Readies For The U.K., Further European Expansion
- After Growing From Gee Whiz To Mainstream Lightning Source Says It's Just Getting Started. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;7/15/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the organizational change in book publisher Lightning Source Inc. Firm's promise to revolutionize publishing; Number of books printed by the firm; Corporate strategy.
- On Demand, Lightning Source share resources. Mitting, William // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);4/10/2008, p11
The article reports on the merger of On Demand Books, the manufacturer of the Espresso Book Machine, and Lightning Source, an international on-demand print group. The two companies aim to develop digital strategies for the book industry. The deal also allows Lightning Source to have access to...
- 10 MILLION AND COUNTING. // Publishers Weekly;11/3/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 44, p16
Announces that Lightning Source has celebrated the printing of its 10-million copy through its print-on-demand system on October 22, 2003. Highlight of the celebration.
- Publishers try out Espresso Book Machine pilot programme. // Research Information;Jun/Jul2009, Issue 42, p5
The article reports on the launching of the Espresso Book Machine (EBM) pilot by Lightning Source Inc. It explains that the EBM pilot, basically an automated teller machine for books, enables availability of titles of publishers at point-of-sale EBM locations. Printing, binding and trimming for...
- Spall Joins Lightning. // Publishers Weekly;9/27/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 39, p16
Reports on the move of Lightning Source to appoint Kevin Spall are vice president for sales and marketing. Background of Spall.
- Print On Demand and the Changing Face of Book Publishing. Alexander, George // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;5/29/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p9
The article discusses the impact of the growth of the Web and the maturation of print-on-demand technology to the book publishing industry in the U.S. The author stated the two companies Amazon.com and Lightning Source are primarily responsible for setting in motion the tectonic shift in book...
- Lighting Flashes Onto Ebook Scene With Digital Fulfillment Package. // Book Publishing Report;05/15/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p5
Reports on Lightning Print Inc.'s plan to expand into the electronic book market. Company's decision to change its name to Lightning Source Inc.; Unveiling of the company's Web site; Expected increase in Lightning Source's titles.
- B&T to Sell Lightning Titles. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;1/7/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 1, p16
Talks about the deal between Baker & Taylor and Lightning Source, which would make Lightning's titles available to Baker's customers. Advantages from the deal; Estimated number of titles in Lightning's database.
- Penguin Putnam, Lightning Source Form Digital Alliance. // Information Today;Oct2000, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p69
Reports on an alliance between Penguin Putnam, Inc. and Lightning Source, Inc. Digitalization of Penguin's content offerings by Lightning Source, Inc.; Addition of content to Lightning Source's digital library; Perceived enhancement of Lightning Source's list of publishing partnerships.