U.S. Book Biz Shows Improvement During Amazon.com's Tough Week
- Cry Me a River. Shoulberg, Warren // Home Textiles Today;5/9/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p4
In this article the author discusses the declining profit of Amazon.Com Inc. in the U.S.
- Revenues & Losses Jump at Amazon.com as Stock Sinks. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;07/31/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 31, p9
Reports on the financial performance of Amazon.com Inc. for the second quarter of 2000. Reason for the revenue shortfall; Successor of Joseph Galli as president; Amazon's stock price on July 24, 2000.
- Amazon Q3 Sales In CE Segment Rise 25 Percent. Malester, Jeff // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/18/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p42
Reports on the percent increase in third quarter sales of Amazon.com Inc. in consumer electronics segment for the year 2002. Effect of lowering the prices of consumer electronics.
- Amazon Looks to Profit From Moves. Williamson, Richard // Interactive Week;10/29/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 42, p19
Reports on the efforts of Amazon.com to improve its corporate profits. Forecasts on the sales of the company in 2001; Price reduction of Amazon; Shareholder lawsuits filed against the company.
- Amazon Banking on Kindle Fire After Q3 Struggle. // Book Publishing Report;Nov2011, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p10
The article announces that Amazon.com Inc. has been reported with increasing sales of 44 percent in the third quarter of 2011 from about 7.6 up to 10.9 billion U.S. dollars, posting a net income of 63 million dollars but still down from the net income of 231 million in the third quarter of 2010.
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;1/28/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p7
Reports on the sales performance of Amazon.com Inc.'s books, music and video (BMV)/DVD division in the fourth quarter of 2001. Total increase in pro forma operating income for the unit; Improvement in company-wide sales during the period; Net sales at the BMV division for the full year.
- 42% JUMP FOR AMAZON Q4 SALES. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;2/1/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p18
The article reports on the 384 million U.S. dollars profit announced by retailer Amazon.com for the quarter ended December 31, 2009.
- Sales, Losses Jump at Amazon.com. // Publishers Weekly;5/1/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 18, p16
Reports on the sales posted by Amazon.com in its first quarter ended March 31, 2000. New customers added; Volume of repeat customer orders; Comments from company chief financial officer Warren Jenson.
- Amazon.co.uk helps parent reach profitability. // New Media Age;1/30/2003, p8
Reports on the profits posted by Amazon.com for 2002. Sales generated from international operations; Total sales in Great Britain; Number of items ordered on the site between November 1 and Christmas Day.