A Week Of E-Experimentation, As King, Rice And Others Sell Their Titles Online
- Metadata Standards Ready; Publishers Urged To Support Ebook Standards. // Electronic Education Report;06/07/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p7
Reports on the completion of ONIX International, a set of metadata standards intended to bring uniformity to the way books are identified electronically.
- Publishers Chase Real Profits In Virtual Space By Expanding Launch Of Electronic Texts Into K-12. // Educational Marketer;11/5/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p1
Focuses on the plan of K-12 publishers in the United States to launch electronic textbooks in the elementary- and secondary-school market.
- Untitled. // Adults Learning;Mar2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p5
The article reports on the launch of a new digital scheme by Quick Reads.
- BRAIN busters. // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;5/2/2003, Vol. 71 Issue 25, p8
Focuses on electronic books or E-books.
- Electronic publication: Writing for the screen. Sharples, Mike // Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy;Oct99, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p156
Focuses on electronic narrative writing. Arguments about electronic books; Overview of Alan Kay's Dynabook project; Technology released by Fujitsu.
- Reading the Future. Brooke, Bob // Hispanic;Sep2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p87
Focuses on the emergence of electronic books in the publishing industry. Advantages of e-books; Features of the Rocket eBook introduced by NuvoMedia; Information on the eBookman line of handheld electronic books from Franklin Electronic Publishers; How to access e-books.
- E-book's rise won't herald the printed book's demise. Davis, David // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);7/1/2011, p9
The author negates the belief concerning the demise of the printed book in light of the emergence of electronic books (e-books).
- E-books on the horizon. // Techniques: Making Education & Career Connections;Feb99, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on an agreement to set standards for electronic books in the United States. Possibility that the standards would expedite the arrival of lightweight electronic textbooks.
- ANYONE UP FOR BUILDING A CYCLOTRON? Needleman, Ted // Poptronics;Jun2001, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p5
Examines the use of electronic books and the profitability of publishing electronically. Price of electronic books; Authors who have published electronically; Potential of electronic publishing; Titles available in electronic book format.
- Letter to a Young Author Or, Some Thoughts on Getting Published These Days. Warren, Patricia Nell // Lambda Book Report;Jun/Jul2002, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p8
Part III. Examines electronic publishing opportunities for authors. Definition of electronic publishing; Challenges to the generation of profits through electronic publishing of books; Factors to consider in electronic publishing.