Louis Barajas: Working from the Heart
- Louis Barajas on Returning to the Barrio, Changing Cultural Beliefs, and Helping with EI Camino a la Grandeza Financiera. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2006, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p18
The article presents an interview with Louis Barajas, founder and president of Wealth & Business Planning of Santa Fe Springs, California, which specializes in financil planning for Latinos. Topics discussed include the difference between the terms Latino and Hispanic, his early years in the...
- Kenner first to open Hispanic resource site. Bethel, Amber; Butler, Elisabeth; Pandolfi, Keith; Boyer, Ellen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/30/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 52, p51
Reports on the opening of a Hispanic Resource Center in Kenner, Louisiana in July 2003. Offer of computer tutorials and homework assistance for students; Operation of the state's first Hispanic Homebuyers training program.
- `Magi'cal tradition. Gorr, Yolanda // Hispanic;Dec1995, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p8
Presents information on the Coro Hispano de San Francisco's concert series. What the `El Dia del Los Reyes' series features; Comments from Stanford University graduate Juan Pedro Gaffney; Background information; Concert an opportunity for Hispanics and others.
- La buena vida. // Hispanic;Jan/Feb1998, Vol. 11 Issue 1/2, p108
Presents products and services for Hispanic Americans. Includes the NO Sweat bottle invented by Liza Guevara, a Carlsbad, California-based Latina entrepreneur; Internet toolbox; Availability of the La Sierra beans in the United States.
- Counseling Latinos. Ruiz, Rene A.; Padilla, Amado M. // Personnel & Guidance Journal;Mar77, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p401
Provides background information and techniques that will enable counselors to communicate more effectively and counsel Hispanic American clients. Description of the most common demographic characteristics of the Hispanic population in the country; Sources of stress among Hispanic clients;...
- The Latino Journey to Financial Greatness (Book). Siegfried, David // Booklist;1/1/2003-1/15/2003, Vol. 99 Issue 9/10, p818
Reviews the book 'The Latino Journey to Financial Greatness: 10 Steps to Creating Wealth, Security, and a Prosperous Future for You and Your Family,' by Louis Barajas.
- Two New Efforts Toward Reaching Hispanic Market. // Credit Union Journal;12/16/2002, Vol. 6 Issue 50, p3
Reports on the meeting of representatives of Credit Union National Association with leaders of the Hispanic community to discuss expansion of credit union services to Hispanics in the U.S. Design of initiatives launched to improve access to financial information by Hispanics; Sponsors of the...
- About This Issue. // Vanguard (LA Gay & Lesbian Center);Oct2012, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics regarding the development of center services in Los Angeles, California to meet the needs of the Latino community.
- Needs of Latino community drive activist doctor. Crabtree, Penni // San Diego Business Journal;7/4/94, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p8
Profiles public health researcher Gregory Talavera. Commitment to the Latino community in San Diego, California; Job as research investigator at San Diego State University's Center for Behavioral and Community Health Studies; Talavera's chief research projects; Overcoming cultural obstacles;...