A Returns-Based Style Analysis Examination of Asset Classes
- Don't live dangerously. Kok, Leon // Finance Week;01/28/2000, p67
Focuses on unit trust investments in South Africa. Trends in the mutual funds market; Performance of selected unit trusts; Factors affecting long-term performance; Long-term investors' need to compare returns and mangers over the longest feasible period.
- 'Fund manager success down to style, not skill' Speedy, Sonia // Money Marketing;6/19/2003, p16
Reports on the results of a survey on the factors affecting mutual fund returns. Comparison of investment style across the U.S., Great Britain and European equity markets; Establishment of fund managers' style bias; Suggested building of a portfolio with diverse styles.
- New high return gilt fund from Midland Drayton. // Accountancy;Jul1979, Vol. 90 Issue 1031, p33
The article focuses on the Midland Drayton Gilt Fund, an open-ended fund in Jersey, Channel Islands, whose main purpose is to obtain a high return by investing in sterling fixed interest investments. It discusses the similarity of the fund's operation with a unit trust. The fund may issue and...
- THE TOP 10 FUNDS OVER FIVE AND THREE YEARS. // Money Marketing;10/30/2003, p76
Highlights the top mutual funds over fiver and three years between 1998-2003. Rathbone Special Situations; GAM UK Diversified A; Legg Mason Japan Equity.
- Did you Chase Last Year's Winners? Temple, Robert L. // Clergy Journal;Jul2001, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p24
Discusses the dangers of investing in the high-performing fund of previous years. Results of an analysis conducted by the Leuthold Group Institutional Research in 2000; Information on mutual fund investments; Performance of the Strong Enterprise Fund and the Fidelity Aggressive Growth Fund in 1999.
- Taking a Private Equity Pay Cut. Burns, Mairin // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/10/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 43, p13
Focuses on the reduced prices of mutual funds offerd by investment firms to attract more investors. Decision of many private equity professionals to launch funds without annual statement costs, management fees and carried interest; Advantages of such deals according to investment houses.
- Mutual funds' actions belie notion of long-term investing. Skarbeck, Ken // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p38
Examines the investment strategies of mutual funds in the U.S. Performance of mutual funds with long-term investments; Outcomes of rapid pace investment strategy.
- DREYFUS APPRECIATION. Pachetti, Nick // Money;
Examines the investing firm Dreyfus Appreciation. Its focus on blue-chip megacaps; Belief of managers in long-term revenue and earnings growth; Investments in global market leaders, including Philip Morris, General Electric, and Coca-Cola; Positive expectations from pharmaceuticals; How their...
- Big Ain't So Bad After All... // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p20
In the Lipper Inc. study 'Does Fund Size Affect Performance?', Lipper analyzed performance data for mutual funds in several asset categories and styles for one-, three-, five- and ten-year periods from 1991-2001. The study did not find any significant difference in gross, net or risk-adjusted...