Death to the Death Tax?
- A Quick Overview Of Estate Tax Concerns. Payne, Scott // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/28/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 43, pB9
Reports on comments about the federal estate tax repeal in the U.S. Efficacy of the provisions of the repeal; Argument on the review of estate plans.
- Life After Repeal of the Death Tax. Houghton, Kristina Drzal // BusinessWest;Apr2001, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p72
Focuses on the plan to eliminate the estate tax by President George W. Bush in the United States. Reason for eliminating the death tax; Need of families to plan for guardianship; Impact on charitable trusts and family foundations.
- Estate Tax Will Not Fade Away. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/17/2002, Vol. 216 Issue 7, p1
Reports the approval of the House of Representatives on the permanent repeal of the estate tax in the U.S. Stand of the Senate on the repeal movement; Opposition on the permanent repeal; Argument on the primary beneficiaries of the tax elimination.
- Thornberry bill would keep death tax dead. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);1/15/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p3
The article discusses the "Death Tax Repeal Act" bill introduced by Congressman Mac Thornberry (R-Clarendon) to permanently repeal the federal estate tax in Washington, D.C.
- SUPPORTERS VOW TO FIGHT ON AFTER ESTATE TAX REPEAL FAILS. Winston, Sherie // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/24/2002, Vol. 248 Issue 24, p11
Focuses on the procedural vote of the Senate over the issue of the repeal of the estate tax legislation in the U.S. Approval of the House on permanent repeal; Differences in the outcome of the votes in the House; Phase out of the estate levy by the Congress.
- Gap on estate tax wide, bickering ugly. Stoffer, Harry // Tire Business;7/8/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p10
Comments on the repeal to federal estate tax in the U.S. Impact of the repeal on automobile and tire dealers; Optimism of the Republican Party to the expected revenue reduction; Role of the Democrats to the status of the repeal; Disapproval of Scott Lane, lobbyist for the American International...
- Don't Depend On Congress For Your Own Estate Plan. Roth III, William F. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;08/21/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p33
Comments on the press coverage on the repeal of the estate tax. Effect of the campaign on the administration; Impact of the repeal on the business opportunities of estate planners.
- Senate Moves Toward Repeal Of Estate Tax. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/17/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 29, p1
Reports that the United States (U.S.) Senate was poised to approve a legislation that would repeal the estate tax in the U.S. Procedure for consideration of the bill; Provisions under the law.
- Philanthropy: Is Giving Going Out of Style? Haugh, Richard // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Oct2001, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p20
Focuses on the impact of the repeal of the death tax in the United States on contributions to hospitals. Results of a study by the Joint Economic Committee of Congress on the changes in 1998; Views of executives on the repeal of the death tax.