The Soul of Money
- MY TURN. Rupkalvis, David // Graham Leader;4/11/2010, Vol. 134 Issue 69, p2A
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of teaching his son the value of money by letting him work in their yard.
- Free-Market Socialism. Abele, Ted // Fortune;5/26/2008, Vol. 157 Issue 11, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article â€œOn the Brink of Disaster,â€ by Allan Sloan in the April 14, 2008 issue.
- Having goals, not just getting money, brings happiness, author says. // Inside Tucson Business;9/6/2013, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p17
The article presents public speaker and author Doug Vermeeren's views regarding wealth which relates to happiness as he believes that wealth always make people unhappy with whatever they have and that one's attitude towards money influences one's happiness.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Oliver, Claude L.; Stehle, Clara M.; Unger, Bob // New American (08856540);12/7/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p5
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Ideological Bedfellows" in the November 9 issue, "Mayhem, Money and Morality" in the November 23 issue and an article on the cause of terrorism in the U.S. in the October 26, 2009 issue.
- Context-based tolerance of money power. RAJAN, RAGHURAM // Prague Post;8/22/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 34, pE2
The author discusses the increasing dominance of market, which puts the morals of the society at stake, and the corrupting trait of some monetized transactions.
- IFS*2007: Need and Greed (Is Money the Root of all Evil?). // University Business;Aug2015, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p14
The article offers information on an electronic-series honors seminar that focuses on the ethics of money from the perspective of religious communities, and discusses topics such as human nature, the good life, and material well-being.
- Spiritual Corner. // India Business Journal;Mar2013, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p53
The article presents a discussion on the noble use of money, according to spiritual guru Pujya Dadashri. Topics discussed include how gnandaan is considered as the greatest of charities, the observed competition in charity, and when one can experience unending bliss. Dadashri also describes what...
- Libration from Mammon: A Spiritual Discipline. Giuliano, David // Clergy Journal;Sep2006, Vol. 82 Issue 9, p7
The author focuses on the three spiritual lies of money and addresses issues regarding money and faith. According to the author, one's tendency to treat money as private betrays its spiritual power. He noted that the lies of money which stated that there is not enough for everyone, that it holds...
- The Manley Arts. Manley, Will // Booklist;11/01/2000, Vol. 97 Issue 5, p495
Relates the story of Lubie, a rich library patron who lived in poverty. Popularity of books about getting rich; Perception of Saint Luke and Saint Paul about money; Views of modern money gurus on wealth.