How Important Is a Mutual Fund's Tax Efficiency?
- Don't Cut Corners. Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom // Money Management Executive;1/31/2011, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue including one on the need for fund companies to report the cost basis of shares in mutual funds to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service on Tax Form 1099-B and one on the importance...
- Tax changes to spur growth in fee securitizations. Gregory, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;05/29/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 22, p9
Reports on the growth of mutual fund fee in the United States. Changes in the US tax code; Globalization of markets; Deferred status of B-share fees.
- Mutual funds: What you can really do about taxes. TOPKIS, MAGGIE // Fortune;3/17/1997, Vol. 135 Issue 5, p191
Explains why taxes are not as important to the average mutual-fund investor in the United States as compared to wealthy or long-term investors. Tax efficiency and tax-minimization strategies and why they do not work for short-term investors; Comments from financial advisers and fund experts,...
- Making the Best of a Bad Market. Sloan, Allan // Newsweek;10/23/2000, Vol. 136 Issue 17, p49
Presents the author's view on the Vanguard 500 Index mutual fund. How Vanguard's bookkeeping and tax planning has diverted its holders from having to pay tax on hundreds of millions of dollars of gains; Details of how mutual funds work; Discussion of Vanguard which sold some of its holdings.
- Muni Fund Outflows Dwindling. RAMAGE, JAMES // Bond Buyer;4/30/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33903, p1
The article offers information on the gradual decrement in the outflow of 102 million dollars of municipal bond mutual fund with passing of taxation period in the U.S.
- Fund holders feel the capital-gains pinch. Staff // Christian Science Monitor;2/20/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 59, p18
Discusses the taxation of mutual funds in the United States, as of February 20, 2001.
- TAX SEASON'S SILVER LINING. Hobson, Mellody // Black Enterprise;Apr2008, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p46
The author offers financial advice on tax refunds. She explains why its not desirable to get a large refund during the tax season in the U.S. She provides a definition of mutual funds. She enumerates the advantages provided by mutual funds. She claims that a taxpayer can get their money even...
- Taxing matters. Zall, Milton; Dingle, Derek T. // Black Enterprise;Sep2000, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p32
Focuses on the United States tax policy over mutual fund investment. Why a purchase of mutual funds shares affected tax liability; How tax-managed funds limit tax liability; Funds with good returns.
- Rising Tide--Will Investment Managers Be Swept Up in State Income Tax Trends? Bergmann, Gregory A.; Gray, Keith; Boucher, Karen // Journal of Taxation of Investments;Summer2014, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p3
More and more states are looking to increase state income tax revenues by expanding their definition of nexus beyond physical presence to include "economic activity" in the state. In addition, more states are moving from cost of performance to market-based sourcing for receipts from services and...