Life Insurance and Uncertainty Over Repeal of the Estate Tax
- Using the Company to Pay for Personal Life Insurance. McDevitt, Timothy J. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan1991, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p6
Focuses on the split-dollar life insurance premium. Agreements between employee and company in splitting the payment of the premium; Differences between endorsement method and collateral assigning method of documenting the split; Information on the reduction of estate taxes.
- Creating Tax-Exempt Wealth. Okumura, Kirk // Advisor Today;Dec2002, Vol. 97 Issue 12, p18
Presents guidelines on avoiding estate taxes on life insurance by using simple estate planning strategies. Benefits of the approach to clients and their beneficiaries; Advantages of a policy purchased by an adult child that insures the life of the client; Details on an irrevocable life...
- AALU Tackles Estate Tax Repeal. King, Carole Ann // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/15/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 20, p1
Focuses on the concern of the Association for Advanced Life Underwriting (AALU) about the issue of estate tax repeal during their 2000 convention. Three things that AALU wanted; Explanation from past AALU President John McSwaney about the issue; Caution from David Downey, another past president...
- As i see it. VanDer Schaaf // Grand Rapids Business Journal;09/13/99, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p26
Focuses on the use of life insurance as a way to raising cash necessary to pay estate taxes. Types of policies; Ownership of the insurance when used in an estate plan; Structuring of life insurance policy ownership.
- Estate Planning Is Too Easy to Put Off Doing. Kahn, Alan D.; Kramer, Eric M.; Sonet, Richard H.; Colella, Frank G.; Lipoff, Lawrence M.; Landau, Jerome; McEvoy, James B.; Szerlip, Nathan H.; Jones, Lenore J. // CPA Journal;Mar1999, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p60
Discusses the utilization of life insurance to prepay estate taxes. Best estate plan; Important things to remember when utilizing life insurance to prepay estate taxes.
- How life insurance can help your estate. Poole, Claire // Money;Nov97, Vol. 26 Issue 11, pA5
Looks at ways that life insurance can be used to protect one's family. Help with paying estate taxes; Reducing estate taxes in the first place; As a fixed-income investment (existing policies only).
- Not-so-sexy tax system can save you a fortune. Blackman, Irving // Contractor Magazine;Apr99, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p54
Discusses how to eliminate the estate tax. Gathering of all necessary written information such as financial statements and tax returns for the business and business owner; Designing of the exact plans to meet the client's objectives; Wrong and right way to use life insurance to create wealth.
- Life insurance: Estate taxation. Slavutin, Lee // CPA Journal;Jun98, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p59
Focuses on US Internal Revenue Service's two private letter rulings on the estate taxation of life insurance owned by a trust.
- Industry Wondering What It Can Expect From Bush. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/1/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p25
Discusses what the life insurance industry can expect from United States President-elect George W. Bush over tax issues. Status of taxation of life insurance products during the previous administrations; Campaign platform of Bush regarding estate tax; Jurisdiction of the Senate Finance...