- Margin calls spur Adv. Lighting execs' timely trading. Cornell, Ryan // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/1/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p4
Reports the plans of Advanced Lighting to sell its lighting businesses to former chief executive officer Alan Ruud in Cleveland, Ohio. Impact of the plan to stockholders; Decline in corporate revenue; Decrease of company stock prices.
- Stock 'overhang' rates continue to climb. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 22 Issue 131, p26
Reports the increase in stock overhang rates of company common shares outstanding. Percentage of overhang; Factors responsible for the explosive growth in overhang; Use of broad-based stock plans to lower levels of overhang.
- Retirement plans safe even after Enron. Holt, R. Jared // Las Vegas Business Press;5/6/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p5
Reports developments on employer-sponsored retirement plans as of May 2002. Use of the stocks of the employer for financial assistance; Limitations of deductible contributions; Implementation of rules in distributing the accounts of the employees.
- Sell your junk! Corbin, David // Fort Worth Business Press;3/29/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p15
Recommends the selling of stocks during the period of correction in the Dow Jones Industrial averages. Effects of higher interest rates on stock selling; Factors that will drag the stocks down.
- Do It Yourself. Schonfeld, Erick; Davis, Joyce E. // Fortune;8/19/1996, Vol. 134 Issue 4, p164
Explains how to build wealth with individual stocks, to people who are planning for retirement. Stocks such as General Electric, British Petroleum, Sony, Hewlett-Packard, Boeing, Pfizer, Black & Decker, Mellon Bank, ServiceMaster, International Game Technology, Stanford Communications and...
- How you can win the Wall Street numbers game. S.S. // Money;Apr95, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p74
Discusses a stock investment strategy. Overvaluing of stocks with the rise in Dow Jones figures; Reliability of the figures.
- Planning vital for volatile stock market. Ghering, Mike // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/18/96, Vol. 14 Issue 12, pB-1
Presents suggestions for effective personal financial planning for stock investments. Emphasis on reassessing investment goals according to James E. Preston from A.G. Edwards & Sons Inc.; Consideration of risk objectives according to Jack Mooradian; Evaluation of investment potentials according...
- Hewitt: 401(k) Transfers Soared Day Market Reopened. // American Banker;9/21/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 182, p2
No abstract available.
- 401(k) participants sell this time. Anand, Vineeta // Pensions & Investments;08/10/98, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p1
States that according to service providers, more 401(k) participants sold stocks that bought them during two market drops between August 5, 1997 and August 5, 1998. Comments made by Edmund Martinez, director of investments at Merrill Lynch Group Employee Services; Management of assets by...