- Margin calls spur Adv. Lighting execs' timely trading. Cornell, Ryan // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/1/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p4
Reports the plans of Advanced Lighting to sell its lighting businesses to former chief executive officer Alan Ruud in Cleveland, Ohio. Impact of the plan to stockholders; Decline in corporate revenue; Decrease of company stock prices.
- Stock 'overhang' rates continue to climb. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 22 Issue 131, p26
Reports the increase in stock overhang rates of company common shares outstanding. Percentage of overhang; Factors responsible for the explosive growth in overhang; Use of broad-based stock plans to lower levels of overhang.
- Retirement plans safe even after Enron. Holt, R. Jared // Las Vegas Business Press;5/6/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p5
Reports developments on employer-sponsored retirement plans as of May 2002. Use of the stocks of the employer for financial assistance; Limitations of deductible contributions; Implementation of rules in distributing the accounts of the employees.
- Sell your junk! Corbin, David // Fort Worth Business Press;3/29/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p15
Recommends the selling of stocks during the period of correction in the Dow Jones Industrial averages. Effects of higher interest rates on stock selling; Factors that will drag the stocks down.
- Do It Yourself. Schonfeld, Erick; Davis, Joyce E. // Fortune;8/19/1996, Vol. 134 Issue 4, p164
Explains how to build wealth with individual stocks, to people who are planning for retirement. Stocks such as General Electric, British Petroleum, Sony, Hewlett-Packard, Boeing, Pfizer, Black & Decker, Mellon Bank, ServiceMaster, International Game Technology, Stanford Communications and...
- How you can win the Wall Street numbers game. S.S. // Money;Apr95, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p74
Discusses a stock investment strategy. Overvaluing of stocks with the rise in Dow Jones figures; Reliability of the figures.
- Planning vital for volatile stock market. Ghering, Mike // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/18/96, Vol. 14 Issue 12, pB-1
Presents suggestions for effective personal financial planning for stock investments. Emphasis on reassessing investment goals according to James E. Preston from A.G. Edwards & Sons Inc.; Consideration of risk objectives according to Jack Mooradian; Evaluation of investment potentials according...
- Hewitt: 401(k) Transfers Soared Day Market Reopened. // American Banker;9/21/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 182, p2
No abstract available.
- KeyCorp Looking Like Prime Takeover Target. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;5/5/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 85, p19
Reports on the plan of the U.S.-based finance company, KeyCorp to sell its business. Reasons for the consideration of the company to sell its business; Corporate profile of the company; Views of business analysts on the business activities of KeyCorp; Stock performance of KeyCorp.