10 years ago in the Journal
- Deerfield: quarter's tightest IG print. Graubard, David // Asset Securitization Report;05/14/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 19, p6
Reports the investment grade average collateralized debt obligations (CDO) deal of Deerfield Capital. Introduction of Valeo II transaction; Benefits of investment grade CDO; Components of non-callable bonds in the portfolio.
- In CDOs, secondary market is belle of the ball lately. C.M.O. // Asset Securitization Report;6/2/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p10
Reports on developments on the collateralized mortgage obligations (CBO) market in the U.S. as of June 2, 2003. Decline in new issues in the domestic CDO marketplace; Figures from Fitch Ratings; Near term U.S. CDO pipeline.
- CMOs: opportunity for the open-eyed. Cocheo, Steve // ABA Banking Journal;Sep91, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p68
Focuses on the collateralized mortgage obligations (CMO) in the U.S. Rate of returns availability of the various segments of CMO; Degree of certainty of CMO tranches in investment; Risks of CMO on the changes of prepayment speeds.
- Federal Reserve Changes Its Tune: Bank Portfolios Follow Along. Hingston, Roy // Community Banker;Jun2002, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p40
Focuses on the risks associated with collateralized mortgage obligations (CMO) portfolios. Concept of CMO investment; Information on Planned Amortization Classes bonds; Factors mediating heightened yield in CMO.
- Maturing investors trend toward CDO customization. // Asset Securitization Report;1/20/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p11
Discusses why maturing investors trend toward collateralized debt obligations customization. Ability for collateralized debt obligations to create custom exposures that are needed by investors; Increase in the application and understanding of collateralized debt obligations and synthetic...
- European investors stay tuned to synthetic CDOs. // Asset Securitization Report;1/20/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p21
Reports that European investors are willing to test the emerging renditions of synthetic collateralized debt obligations. Features of synthetic collateralized debt obligations; Process of preparing a sequel transacton.
- Collateralized securities (public + 144A). // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/05/99, Vol. 65 Issue 14, p22
Lists investment banks in the United States ranked by collateralized securities in the first quarter of 1999. Amount raised; Market share; Comparison with year-ago level.
- Checking in on Our Bond Funds. Carlson, Greg // Morningstar FundInvestor;Dec2006, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p18
The article focuses on the performance of various portfolios. According to the author, Dodge & Cox Income posted a successful long-term record and solid showing in 2006 as a result of overweighing corporate bonds and issue selection. He says that exposure to asset-backed debt, collateralized...
- REITs recruited as next wave of CMO pioneers. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/01/99, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p10
Focuses on the growth of the market for collateralized bond and mortgage obligations in the United States. Debut of securities backed by real estate investment trusts in the second quarter of 1999; Major step in creating investor demand; Problem for rating agencies and investors.