- Comsat launches Planet 1. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;1/29/96, Vol. 230 Issue 5, p20
Reports on Comsat Mobile Communications' introduction of a satellite communications service called Planet 1. Service targeted at extending existing cellular systems and providing a mode of personal communications for international travelers.
- COMSAT unveils portable satellite unit. // Electronic News;1/29/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2101, p18
Describes the 5,000 Planet 1 terminals, used for satellite-based voice, data, and fax communications, that Japan's NET Corp. is manufacturing for COMSAT Mobile Communications. The launch of a set of four Imarsat-3 satellites in mid-1996 which will provide service; Global coverage by 1997; Other...
- Comsat launches prepaid service. // RCR Wireless News;1/1/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the Prepaid Calling Card Service launched by satellite communications provider, Comsat Mobile Communications.
- Defense contracts with Comsat. // RCR;04/05/99, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p34
Reports that the United States Department of Defense has extended two global satellite service contracts with Comsat Mobile Communications.
- UpLink. Cosper, Amy C. // Satellite Communications;Feb99, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p8
Presents brief updates about the services, strategy, finance and policy of satellite communications companies as of February 1999. Equity partnership of Lockheed Martin Global Telecommunications in Asia Cellular Satellite; Services to be provided by Comsat Mobile Communications to France...
- Comsat reduces data services cost. // RCR;09/01/97, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p47
Focuses on Comsat Mobile Communications' announcement of reduced rates and simplified billing for its Comsat-B digital high-speed data service. What this data service is used for; Details on the reduction of off-peak rates; Information from Tom Collins, vice president and general manager of the...
- Comsat-C data is expanded globally. // RCR;07/21/97, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p24
Reports that to offer global coverage for Internet electronic mail messages the Comsat Mobile Communications expanded its Comsat-C data communications service. Functions of the service; Information on electronic mail charges.
- COMSAT shrinks aeronautical services business. Gilbert, Gordon A. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Dec95, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p28
Reports on the company changes made at COMSAT Mobile Communications. Disbandment of its COMSAT Aeronautical Services unit; Consolidation of the unit's operations into one marketing group; Reduction in staff.
- Comsat-C satellite service is global. // RCR;09/29/97, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p26
Reports that Comsat Mobile Communications company has completed global coverage for its Comsat-C data messaging service. Features of the service; Formation of an alliance between Comsat Mobile Communications and T-Mobile company.