- GPS Handsets Playing a Larger Role in Commercial Telematics. // Microwave Journal;Sep2006, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p49
The article reports on the larger role played by Global Positioning Systems (GPS) in commercial telematics in the U.S. According to the results of a study conducted by ABI Research Inc., one of the faster-growing areas in the commercial telematics market is the use of GPS-enabled mobile handsets...
- Station 12 makes way for Xantic. Wieland, Ken // Telecommunications - International Edition;Apr2001, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p14
Reports that Station 12 has announced a fresh corporate identity and strategy with its transformation into Xantic. Distributor of mobile satellite communications based on the Inmarsat platform; Plan to focus on broadband and information technology mobile satellite services; Merger with Telstra...
- Wireless Communications Sector to Benefit from $6.8 B Stimulus Funding. // Microwave Journal;Jun2009, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p53
The article reports that the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) will finance the $6.8 billion worth of wireless communications upgrades and new deployment in the U.S. over 2009-2010. According to the article, the Act provides essential one-off opportunity for wireless equipment...
- The wireless market dance. Sciannamea, Mike; Schiff, Debra // Electronic Design;07/21/97, Vol. 45 Issue 15, p48E
Presents information on a study conducted by Allied Business Intelligence on the development of wireless communications services in the market. List of companies in the forefront of the movement; What the forecast of the United States subscriber market looked at; What other aspects of the...
- Privately owned satellites launch economic boom. Mraz, Stephen // Machine Design;08/21/97, Vol. 69 Issue 16, p42
Presents a study conducted by Allied Business Intelligence in Oyster Bay, New York, regarding the linking of privately owned satellite to the satellite service market. Predictions from the study; How this will benefit customers with little telecommunications access.
- Home automation market to grow through 2008. // Contractor Magazine;Jun98, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p8
Announces the growth of the United States home automation market according to consulting firm Allied Business Intelligence. Speculation that the market will continue to grow until the year 2008; What are the primary home automation subsystems; Annual revenue of the market from 1997 to 2002;...
- Telecom growth to come from WLL. // RCR;08/18/97, Vol. 16 Issue 33, p28
Focuses on a report from Allied Business Intelligence Incorporated, on access through wireless local loop (WLL) technologies by 2002, for telephone subscribers. Why developing countries chose WLL; Percentage of WLL customers developing nations make.
- A brighter forecast for wireless. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;May98, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p20
States that according to a report by Allied Business Intelligence (ABI), wireless infrastructure for PCS services will undergo distinct growth during the period 1998 to 2002. What will cause this growth; Address for ABI Web site.
- Where there's a will, there's a way. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Mar98, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the assessment of the wireless local loop technologies by seven percent of world subscriber lines by the year 2002 which was made by the Allied Business Intelligence. Reference to the offer made by the report `Wireless Access Solutions to Local Loop Telephony: Emerging Markets and...