PEOPLE AND POSTS
- ON THE MOVE. // Personnel Today;9/2/2008, p36
The article announces several appointments including the appointment of Robert Halton as the first chief people officer at the College of Law in England and Wales, John Athanasiou as director of people at the company HarperCollins Publishing, and Claudette Bedeau as corporate HR manager at the...
- HR expertise needed for senior executives' reward packages. Reade, Quentin // Personnel Today;4/8/2003, p4
Reports on the role of personnel managers in planning an organization's senior executive reward packages. Alienation of employees and shareholders; Publication of detailed breakdown of directors' remuneration in annual reports; Establishment of expectations from directors; Relationship between...
- A new forum for HR's senior executives. // Personnel Today;5/6/2003, p1
Focuses on the launch of the HR Directors Club by the periodical 'Personnel Today.' Aim of providing business inspiration, networking opportunities and quality information for human resource directors; Description of the club's Web site.
- A Matter of Course. Steinburg, Craig // Training & Development;Jul91, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the results of a study which determined the qualities of human resources department of personnel managers. Comparison with other managers; Leadership and communications skills; Weaker numerical, financial and quantitative abilities.
- Beneficial differences: HR leaders and their business partners. Ludeman, Kate // Training & Development;Jun96, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p42
Focuses on the differences between human resource (HR) managers and operational vice-presidents. Comparison of personality traits; Characteristics of HR managers.
- How I see HR... Els, Chris // Personnel Today;2/23/2010, p17
The article presents the author's comments on how human resource (HR) executives may help in strategic management of a company.
- Do Your Managers Have the Right Stuff? Simonsen, Peggy // Workforce (10928332);Aug99, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p47
Discusses the role of human resources professionals in developing an effective manager. Information on a study which identified and defined the `emerging worker'; Business role of a developmental manager; Characteristic of a developmental manager; Four critical competencies used in career...
- Demoralised HR staff quit delayered firms. Littlefield, David // People Management;03/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p8
Reports why the rise of the flatter organisation is pushing growing numbers of personnel professionals on to the job market. Status of human resource (HR)'s morale; Need of HR input in a flatter structures; Results of Roffey Park Management Institute's study on organizational structure. INSET:...
- People and posts. // People Management;03/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p11
Presents information on executives appointed in human resource positions in Britain. Names and positions of executives; Their former jobs.