How I got where I am today
- Building the right kinds of capital. RYAN, BILL // New Hampshire Business Review;6/18/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p18
In this article the author discusses on the three types of capital that should develop by managers and apply in the area of career development. He claims that it needs a three-pronged approach when enhancing a marketable expertise. He also describes each of the types of capital including...
- Continuity in Life-Span Career Development: Career Exploration as a Precursor to Career Establishment. Jepsen, David A.; Dickson, Ginge rL. // Career Development Quarterly;Mar2003, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p217
Focuses on a study which examined the continuity in career development from adolescence to middle adulthood by describing the connections between early career development task-coping behaviors and later task-coping behaviors in the lives of the same person. Measures of coping behaviors;...
- Diverse career goals. // Finweek;5/3/2007, p52
The article presents the author's view concerning the diverseness of career goals. The author discusses that the mindsetting for both men and women are just the same. However, he gives more emphasis on women, concerning their views in balancing work and life. He also cites the competitive...
- The Costume Box. Hurley, Patricia G. // Training & Development Journal;Feb83, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p4
Editorial. Introduces articles featured in the February 1983 issue of 'Training and Development Journal.' Distinctions between the career development efforts of individuals and institutions; Impact of the economy on job supply; Tasks of meaningful career development.
- Will Your Organization Be Doing Career Development In the Year 200? Leibowitz, Zandy B.; Farren, Caela; Kaye, Beverly // Training & Development Journal;Feb83, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on the outlook for career development within organizations in the 21st century. Increasing importance of career development in the U.S. business sector; Definition of needs and problems; Assessment of human resource development structures; Establishment of support, interventions and...
- Kariyer Olgusunun KavramsallaÅŸtÄ±rÄ±lmasÄ±nda KullanÄ±lan Metaforlar. ÇAKMAK OTLUOĞLU, K. Övgü // Ege Academic Review;2014, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p221
Varied perspectives of careers are given in the fields of psychology, sociology, consulting, and human resource management. Many different metaphors are therefore used in order to explain career phenomena. However, each metaphor defines only certain aspects of career and is not sufficient to...
- Abstracts. Tiedman, David V.; Glenn, Ann // Training & Development Journal;Jul75, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p50
Presents abstracts of studies in the field of human resource development. Includes the studies 'An Appraisal of the Manpower Training Programs Established by Congress in the 1960s,' by Brandon L. George; 'A New Strategy for Job Enrichment,' by Richard J. Hackman and others.
- Inner Professional Development. Gentilman, Ruth // Training & Development Journal;May84, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p25
Discusses professional development for human resource developers. Definition of professional development according to David Meier; Author's professional development efforts; Potential of professional development in HRD training.
- THE PSYCHOLOGICAL CONTRACT AS A FRAMEWORK FOR UNDERSTANDING CAREER MANAGEMENT AND COMMITMENT. STURGES, JANE; CONWAY, NEIL; LIEFOOGHE, ANDY; GUEST, DAVID // Academy of Management Proceedings;2003, pG1
This article reports the findings of a study conducted in a Great Britain-based organization, which examined the relationships between career management activities, the psychological contract and organizational commitment. The psychological contract has been defined as an individual's belief,...