- LEGAL CHECKLIST. // People Management;5/17/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p21
The article discusses several court cases related to personnel management in Great Britain. In the first case, the Lords decided employers' attempts to settle a claim could not include sending intimidating letters. Another case involves an employee who filed a complaint in which she eventually...
- Flight Centre in court. // Travel Daily;5/16/2012, p2
The article reports on the court case between Flight Centre Ltd. (FCL) and former assistant manager at Student Flights Frankston, Richard Barnes wherein Barnes sued FCL on claims of workplace bullying.
- HR 'fails to protect staff from bullying' Roberts, Zoe // People Management;9/13/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p6
Reports on the failure of human resource departments to protect employees from institutionalized bullying in Great Britain according to a research. Comments from Andreas Liefooghe, lecturer in organizational psychology at Birkbeck College in London, England.
- Online mentor. // People Management;Sep2013, p53
The article provides answers to a question of what a human resources (HR) professional can do when the bully is his own head of HR.
- Someone to lean on. Hammond, Dominique // People Management;12/6/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p32
Focuses on bullying in the British workplace. Criticisms against the failure of some British companies to address the problem; Results of a study of workplace bullying conducted by researchers at the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology; Types of bullying behavior. ...
- Beat the BULLY. Yeung, Rob; Cooper, David // Accountancy;Jan2002, Vol. 129 Issue 1301, p38
Provides a guide in addressing incidents of bullying in the workplace. Evaluation of the psychological effect of bullying; Identification of behavioral manifestations; Role of the human resources department.
- CAREER MASTERCLASS DEAL WITH AN OFFICE BULLY. // Management Today;Nov2010, p15
The article offers tips on how to deal with an office bully in the workplace.
- Lawsuit-proof your organization: 20 practical tips from your HR peers. // HR Specialist: Pennsylvania Employment Law;Mar2011, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p7
The article offers tips for human resource (HR) professionals on how they can prevent an employee lawsuit from happening in the U.S. HR professionals need to treat their employees fairly and to communicate them in a respectful way. These HR professionals must be updated with the training and...
- LAWSUITS WALK IN ON TWO FEET: THE BULLY IN THE WORKPLACE. Indvik, Julie; Johnson, Pamela R. // Journal of Organizational Culture, Communications & Conflict;Jun2012, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p73
Bullying in the workplace is alive and well in these tough economic times. Bullies are predators; they are controlling, and they are dangerous. Bullies come in every race, age, religion and gender. Even though there isn't a workplace bullying law yet in the United States, bullying exposes an...