GET BEHIND EMPLOYEES' VOLUNTEERING EFFORTS AND REAP THE REWARDS
- New BT post to centralize communications. // Marketing Week;6/11/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p8
Reports that marketing at BT company's two businesses and consumer divisions, will receive a marketing communications role. Aim of the role; Reference to Kate Notman, who was appointed to the position of marketing director; Who appointed Notman; Details of the communications role.
- Dependants' day. Seneviratna, Claire // People Management;12/6/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p38
Discusses the 2001 Parents at Work Employer of the Year award received by British Telecom (BT) in Great Britain. Features of the Work-Life Balance Initiative of BT; Benefits of the flexible working hours implemented by the corporation; Importance given by the company to social responsibility.
- Avoiding a "Failure to Communicate". Rogers, Elizabeth // Voice of Corporate Citizenship;Oct2013, p8
The article discusses the importance of communication to effective and responsible corporate citizenship. It mentions that communications mobilize employee volunteers and stakeholders to act and promote corporate citizenship programs. According to the author, the expansion of communication...
- Corporate volunteering thrives in area despite tough economic times. Rosman, Janie L. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/12/93, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p11
Features employees' voluntary organzations in Westchester and Fairfield Counties. Corporate Outreach, a tri-county group; Corporate Volunteers in Action in Fairfield; Meetings; Membership; Projects; Provision of pro bono communication work for non-profit agencies by the Westchester-based COM/NET.
- Making money from sustainability. Evans, Chris // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug2005, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p13
Reports on the release of a survey that identified Cooperative Financial Services as top providers of sustainable reports by the United Nations Environment Program and London-based consultant, SustainAbility. Cost savings from environmental program by British Telecom PLC; Identification of key...
- EMPLOYEE RELATIONS. // PR News;3/2/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p5
The article announces that Deloitte and BT and its agency partner are recipients of the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Awards from PR News for their employee relations initiatives.
- The business of being green. Davis, Tricia Holly // Business Travel World;Apr2007, p39
The article presents an interview with Jan Tucker-Jones, travel manager for British Telecommunications (BT) PLC, regarding the company's environmental protection policy. When asked whether they have a stated, company-wide environmental sustainability objective, she gave an affirmative response...
- BT links 'green' scheme with staff retention. // Personnel Today;3/25/2008, p4
The article reports that BT Group PLC has identified a direct link between involving employees in tackling climate change and improving staff retention. Director of corporate responsibility (CSR) Adrian Hosford said nearly one-third of BT's employees attended at least one activity in an...
- It's good to outsource. Bradley, Anusha // Supply Management;8/4/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 16, p28
Focuses on the optimism of Great Britain-based British Telecom PLC about the climate of outsourcing services from India. Impression of Meryl Bushell, chief procurement officer for BT Group about the sense of corporate social responsibility among Indian call centers; Outlook about the...