Geographic Variation in Epidural Steroid Injection Use in Medicare Patients
- Predicting Outcome after Epidural Steroid Injection. Rubin, Michael // Neurology Alert;Jan2012, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p38
Response to treatment of unilateral lumbar radiculopathy can be predicted by an abnormal needle EMG in the appropriate root distribution.
- Population Pharmacokinetics and Prediction of Dopamine D Receptor Occupancy After Multiple Doses of RBP-7000, a New Sustained-Release Formulation of Risperidone, in Schizophrenia Patients on Stable Oral Risperidone Treatment. Laffont, Celine; Gomeni, Roberto; Zheng, Bo; Heidbreder, Christian; Fudala, Paul; Nasser, Azmi // Clinical Pharmacokinetics;Jun2014, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p533
Background and Objectives: RBP-7000 is a long-acting formulation of risperidone administered once monthly via subcutaneous (SC) injections for the treatment of schizophrenia. The objectives of the present study were to characterize the pharmacokinetics of RBP-7000 after multiple doses in...
- Randomized Crossover Study to Examine the Necessity of an Injection-to-Meal Interval in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes and Human Insulin. MÜLLER, NICOLLE; FRANK, THOMAS; KLOOS, CHRISTOF; LEHMANN, THOMAS; WOLF, GUNTER; MÜLLER, ULRICH ALFONS // Diabetes Care;Jul2013, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p1865
OBJECTIVE--Patients with diabetes and insulin therapy with human insulin were usually instructed to use an interval of 20-30 min between the injection and meal. We examined the necessity of the injection-to-meal interval (IMI) in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) and flexible insulin...
- Acute Endophthalmitis After Intravitreal Injection and Preventive Effect of Preoperative Topical Antibiotics. Park, Yuli; Kim, Kyu Seop; Park, Young-Hoon // Journal of Ocular Pharmacology & Therapeutics;Dec2013, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p900
Purpose: To evaluate the incidence, causative organism, clinical features, and visual outcome of acute endophthalmitis following intravitreal injection and to report the clinical outcome of patients receiving preinjection antibiotics for the prevention of endophthalmitis. Methods: For all...
- Epidural Steroids for Lumbar Disc Herniation: What Can SPORT Tell Us? Choma, Theodore J. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;8/1/2012, Vol. 94-A Issue 15, pe115-1
The article comments on an article in this issue by Kristen Radcliff and colleagues,"The Impact of Epidural Steroid Injections on the Outcomes of Patients Treated for Lumbar Disc Herniation. The commentary opines the researchers were right to select only participants who had not received an...
- RETRACTION: Prescribing of Î²-adrenoceptor antagonists in asthma: an observational study. Morales, Daniel R. // Thorax;Mar2011, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p269
The article reports on the retraction of the article "Prescribing of b-Adrenoceptor Antagonists in Asthma: An Observational Study" by D. R. Morales et al.
- Palpation versus ultrasound-guided corticosteroid injections and short-term effect in the distal radioulnar joint disorder: a randomized, prospective single-blinded study. Nam, Sang; Kim, Jongwoo; Lee, Ji; Ahn, Jaeki; Kim, Young; Park, Yongbum // Clinical Rheumatology;Dec2014, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p1807
The aim of this study was to conduct a randomized, prospective single-blinded clinical study on the mid-term benefits and accuracy rate of the ultrasound (US)-guided versus palpation-guided intra-articular (IA) injections for the treatment of distal radioulnar joint (DRUJ) disorder. Subjects...
- Intra-articular and soft tissue injections, a systematic review of relative efficacy of various corticosteroids. Garg, Neha; Perry, Lisa; Deodhar, Atul // Clinical Rheumatology;Dec2014, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p1695
The comparative efficacy of various Corticosteroid (CS) injections commonly used to treat musculoskeletal conditions has not been systematically studied. Our objective is to synthesize data about comparative efficacy of various CS used for intra-articular and periarticular soft tissue...
- MOS. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1495
A definition of the medical acronym "MOS," which refers to medical outcomes study, is presented.