Erythropoietin Accelerates Functional Recovery After Peripheral Nerve Injury
- Nerve injuries. Tardif, Gaetan S. // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Apr95, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p61
Focuses on the modes of testing and treating peripheral nerve injuries or neuropathies. Review of the anatomy of the nerve; Classification of neuropathies; Tools in diagnosing neuropathies; Benefits of conservative management of neuropathies.
- RECENT ADVANCES IN MSK. Peripheral nerve injury grading simplified on MR neurography: As referenced to Seddon and Sunderland classifications. Chhabra, Avneesh; Ahlawat, Shivani; Belzberg, Allan; Andreseik, Gustav // Indian Journal of Radiology & Imaging;Aug2014, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p217
The Seddon and Sunderland classifications have been used by physicians for peripheral nerve injury grading and treatment. While Seddon classification is simpler to follow and more relevant to electrophysiologists, the Sunderland grading is more often used by surgeons to decide when and how to...
- Survival in Malignant Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumours: A Comparison between Sporadic and Neurofibromatosis Type 1-Associated Tumours. Porter, D. E.; Prasad, V.; Foster, L.; Dall, G. F.; Birch, R.; Grimer, R. J. // Sarcoma;2009, Vol. 2009, Special section p1
We studied 123 patients with malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumours (MPNSTs) between 1979 and 2002. However, 90 occurred sporadically whereas 33 were associated with neurofibromatosis type 1 (NF1). Survival was calculated using Kaplan-Meier survival curves and we used Coxâ€™s...
- Omega-3 Improves Peripheral Nerve Injury Recovery. Dye, D. // Life Extension;Apr2012, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p3
The article discusses research which was conducted at Queen Mary University in London, England, was reported in the "Journal of Neuro-science" and found that omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids may help protect peripheral nerves from injury and stimulate recovery.
- Increased peripheral nerve excitability and local NaV1.8 mRNA up-regulation in painful neuropathy. Thakor, Devang Kashyap; Lin, Audrey; Matsuka, Yoshizo; Meyer, Edward M.; Ruangsri, Supanigar; Nishimura, Ichiro; Spigelman, Igor // Molecular Pain;2009, Vol. 5, Special section p1
Background: Neuropathic pain caused by peripheral nerve injury is a chronic disorder that represents a significant clinical challenge because the pathological mechanisms have not been fully elucidated. Several studies have suggested the involvement of various sodium channels, including...
- Recent Advances and Developments in Hand Surgery. Khan, W. S.; Malik, A. // Open Orthopaedics Journal;2012 Special Issue 001, Vol. 6 Issue S1, p11
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within January 2, 2012 the issue on topics including peripheral nerve injuries and flexor tendon injuries.
- Retrograde axonal transport of ciliary neurotrophic factor is increased by peripheral nerve injury. Curtis, Rory; Adryan, Krystyna M. // Nature;9/16/1993, Vol. 365 Issue 6443, p253
Reports on the retrograde transport of ciliary neurotrophic factor (CNTF) by adult sensory neurons. Increased transport of CNTF following peripheral nerve lesion; Emulsion autoradiography; Effects of nerve lesion; CNTF levels in Schwann cells.
- Morphological correlates of injury-induced reorganization in primate somatosensory cortex. Churchill, James D.; Tharp, Jason A.; Wellman, Cara L.; Sengelaub, Dale R.; Garraghty, Preston E. // BMC Neuroscience;2004, Vol. 5, p43
Background: Topographic reorganization of central maps following peripheral nerve injury has been well characterized. Despite extensive documentation of these physiological changes, the underlying anatomical correlates have yet to be fully explored. In this study, we used Golgi impregnation and...
- Neurologic Injuries in the Athlete's Shoulder. Duralde, Xavier A. // Journal of Athletic Training (National Athletic Trainers' Associ;Jul-Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p316
Presents information on a study which reviewed the presentation, diagnosis and treatment of nerve injuries in the athlete's shoulder. Electrodiagnostic study of the shoulder; Evaluation of peripheral nerve injuries; Prognosis and treatment; Mechanism of injury.