Insurance prices ease, as risks rise
- Competition drives insurance premiums downward. Clolery, Paul // Practical Accountant;Jul94, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p37
Discusses the impact of competition between American insurance companies for accountants professional liability insurance clients on premium prices. Views from industry executives; marketing strategies; Prospects. INSET: Know your insurance carrier's financial condition..
- Rethinking the Purchase of Malpractice Self-Insurance. Radin, Arthur J.; Goldwasser, Dan L. // CPA Journal;Oct2011, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p54
The article provides insights on purchasing malpractice insurance for accounting firms in the U.S. Accounting firms are not required by certified public accountant (CPA) organizations to own professional liability insurance. One of the reasons for not purchasing insurance is the tendency of...
- HOW THE MADOFF FRAUD COULD AFFECT YOUR CPA PRACTICE. Scarpati, Stephen // CPA Journal;Aug2009, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p23
The article discusses the impact of the fraud headed by Bernard L. Madoff on the accounting practice in the U.S., which was explored in the symposium "Are CPAs the Next Madoff Victims? The Accountant's Liability," sponsored by "The CPA Journal" on May 27, 2009. It states the possibility of...
- Malpractice Insurance Buyer's Guide--2005. // Accounting Today;10/25/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p36
Presents a chart on professional liability programs available to certified public accountants in the U.S. Policy limits of the insurance program from Chubb Specialty Insurance; Type of coverage offered by Everest National Insurance Co.; Insurance program from Camico Mutual Insurance Co.
- Malpractice muddle should cause reform. // Commonweal;1/17/86, Vol. 113 Issue 1, p8
The crisis over the high cost of medical malpractice insurance has not produced any bold reforms. Government officials are reluctant to make moves that would offend constituent groups of lawyers, doctors and health consumers. But serious reforms, including limiting malpractice awards to actual...
- Errors & omissions. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;10/21/96 Supplement Short Cuts, Vol. 100 Issue 43, p72
Presents a list of Errors, and Omission insurance liability companies in the United States.
- Don't get burned: Carefully choose your professional liability insurance carrier. Nelson, Mark // Outlook;Fall90, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p48
Discusses important aspects of choosing professional liability insurance carriers or malpractice insurance carriers in California. Includes coverage, stability and commitment to the market; Percentage of insurers covered by malpractice insurance.
- Malpractice insurers in trouble. // Newsweek;4/29/1985, Vol. 105 Issue 17, p58
The New York-based Medical Liability Mutual Insurance Co., which insures 35% of the state's physicians against malpractice claims, may be on its last leg due to a dramatic rise in suits. Some experts fear that the failure of a number of mutuals could leave many of the nation's doctors without...
- POTENTIAL CLAIM? NOTIFY NOW--TIME COULD BE RUNNING OUT. Simic, Melita // Journal of the Australian Traditional-Medicine Society;Jun2003, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p101
Focuses on Malpractice Indemnity Insurance Policy issued in Australia for members of the Australian Traditional-Medicine Society. Provisions; Procedure for making an insurance claim.