Keeping the vampires away
- Garlic festival planned at Madison Square Garden. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/15/95, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p33
Reports on the holding of a garlic festival on October 28-29, 1995 at Manhattan's Madison Square Garden in New York City. Chef cooking demonstrations; Offer of garlic ice cream; Garlic foot massages.
- Garlic Festival set to make first NYC appearance in October. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/12/95, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p32
Reports on the holding of the inaugural New York Garlic Festival on October 28-29, 1995 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Festival's first time celebration in New York after being held in Los Angeles for the past 12 years; Garlic dishes offering from New York's top chefs; `The Guide to...
- The Republican Party Breaking Bad. GANDELMAN, JOE // Moderate Voice;10/2/2013, p8
A blog on the Gilroy Garlic Festival in the U.S. is presented.
- Not for the Faint of Breath. Mayfield, Kate // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;WWD Scoop, Vol. 189 Issue 108, p77
Highlights the Gilroy Garlic Festival which will be held in Gilroy, California from July 29-31, 2005. Number of visitors that attend the festival every year; Activities that are featured at the festival.
- Gilroy garlic festival is simply scentsational. Hanson, Gayle M.B. // Insight on the News;09/08/97, Vol. 13 Issue 33, p38
Focuses on the garlic festival that is held annually in Gilroy, California, which considers itself the garlic capital of the world. Information on garlic drying; Reference to Christopher Ranch where a luncheon was held, and which ships 60 million pounds of garlic per year; Description of the...
- World's garlic capital starts to sizzle. Vlahandreas, Dawn // Christian Science Monitor;7/27/95, Vol. 87 Issue 169, p14
Highlights different features of the Gilroy Garlic Festival at Gilroy in California. Reasons behind growing popularity of garlic; Different uses of garlic; Some recipes using garlic. INSET: The Gilroy Garlic Festival..
- And you wonder why the umpires are planning a walkout... // Food Management;Sep99, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p96
Reports on the delivery of 100 pounds of garlic to each major league clubhouse by officials of the 1999 Gilroy Garlic Festival and garlic producer Christopher Ranch. Possible amusing ramifications.
- CALENDAR. Edmundson, Zinzi; Huang, Elisa; Parcell, Monica; Odell, Kat // Bon Appetit;Sep2009, Vol. 54 Issue 9, preceding p56
A calendar of events of interest to foodies in the U.S. is presented, including 14th annual Southern Vermont Garlic & Herb Festival, Wine Festival at the Plains, Virginia and Shrimp & Grits: The Wild Georgia Shrimp Festival in Jekyll Island, Georgia.
- THE GLORIES OF GARLIC. Shimizu, Karen // Saveur;Nov2014, Issue 169, p52
The article looks at the history of garlic, a species of the "Allium" genus that also includes onions and leeks, which originated in Central Asia and later cultivated in Egypt and in other parts of the world. It also distinguishes between the soft-necked and hard-necked varieties of garlic, and...