Q & A
- Far better to play it both safe and sound. // Marketing Event;Feb97, p82
Calls for an all-pervasive safety culture throughout the marketing event and exhibition industries in Great Britain. Association of Exhibition Organisers' launching of its `Safety Is Our Business' manual; Need for every person associated with an event to be trained in safety procedure.
- Scouting for talent. Cook, Alyson // Marketing Event;Jun2000, p57
Offers a look the hiring of specialist promotion staff by marketers who wanted to use theatre-style activity in their product launching. Comments from Recruit's Kieron Slattery; Importance of communication skills in the promotion of products; How to find the right promotional staff.
- Olympia set to host French fair. // Marketing Event;Sep2001, p6
Focuses on the preparations for the Viva La France show which will take place from January 18 to 20, 2002. Organizers of the exhibition; Estimated number of visitors to the event.
- Careers advice at venue expo. // Marketing Event;Sep2001, p8
Focuses on the National Venue Show from September 11 to 13, 2001 at the NEC in Great Britain. Confirmed speakers for the event; Marketing activities of ESP Recruitment at the event.
- Wembley looks to bright future. Fletcher, Mike // Marketing Event;Sep2001, p10
Focuses on events launched at the Wembley Conference and Exhibition Centre in London, England for September 2001. Features of the RailPeople 2001 show; Estimated number of visitors to the Ethnic Media Group Jobs Careers and Prospects event.
- Tricks of the Trade Show. Evans, Adam // On Wall Street;Mar2000, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p86
Presents steps to take to insure that a trade show marketing effort will pay off. Evaluation of the show; Preparation for the event; Scope of the exact show's location.
- Self exposure. Lawrence, Kevin // NZ Marketing Magazine;Aug98, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p49
Offers tips on how companies should decide what exhibitions to participate in and how they can get the best out of exposure at trade shows. Importance of knowing your objectives of your exhibit; Inviting of customers to visit your booth at the exhibition; Sponsoring of seminars linked to an...
- A Fair Day's Work. Chapman, Rey // NZ Marketing Magazine;Oct2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p33
Reports on the role of trade shows and exhibitions to marketing. Facts about trade shows; Advantages offered by trade shows; Tips to marketers planning to attend trade shows.
- Tune up your tradeshow exhibit to boost sales. Wheeler, Dick // Sell!ng;Mar2000, p3
Presents tips on how to achieve a successful tradeshow. How to select the right shows; Recruitment of staff; Advantage of sending pre-show notices to attendees.
- After the show, it's a horse race to make the sale. Gitomer, Geffrey // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/15/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 24, p25A
Presents tips on a successful trade show follow-up contact. Compilation of data for prospective client; Formulation of a follow-up program; Knowledge on the interest level of customer.