Business Environment In Focus
- Country Conditions. // Political Risk Yearbook: Netherlands Country Report;2009, Special section p1
The article looks at the investment and trade conditions in the Netherlands as of October 1, 2008. The country ranks eight among the world's largest suppliers of investment capital and ranks sixth among recipients of foreign direct investment. Investors find the country attractive because of its...
- THE IMPACT OF TRADE-RELATED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS ON TRADE AND FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES. // OECD Papers;2003, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p4
Examines the relationship of certain types of intellectual property rights to foreign direct investment (FDI) and trade flows with respect to developing countries. Agreement on trade-related aspects of intellectual property rights of the World Trade Organization; Association of the strength of...
- Cote d'Ivoire: Country Conditions: Investment Climate. // Political Risk Yearbook: Cote d'Ivoire Country Report;2003, p37
Presents information on the country risk assessment of Cï¿½te d'Ivoire in terms of its investment climate. Dependence of the country on foreign trade and international cooperation; Transparency of the regulatory system; Right to ownership and establishment; Protection of property rights.
- Country Conditions. // Political Risk Yearbook: Myanmar Country Report;2009, Special section p1
The article looks at the investment and trade conditions in Myanmar as of November 2008. The Foreign Investment Law was enacted to attract more foreign investment. The promotion and expansion of exports and acquisition of high technology are the priorities for foreign investment. The entry also...
- Extended Field of Activities of the World Trade Organisation. Divljak, Drago // Proceedings of Novi Sad Faculty of Law;2010, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p143
No abstract available.
- World's Newest Country Launches Investment Drive. Keeler, Dan // Global Finance;Dec2013, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p14
The article focuses on the efforts of South Sudan to attract foreign investment as shown by its effort to create a one-stop shop for investors and several laws to protect property rights, improve investment incentives, and reduce red tape.
- Myanmar What Investors Need to Know. Shoemaker, Rachel // Risk Management (00355593);Oct2012, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p18
The article offers information on the investment opportunities in Myanmar. It details key information for foreign investors regarding the country's ethnic divisions, military influence, and sectarian violence. It summarizes the internal tensions, ceasefire agreements, and government transition...
- Introduction. Westbrook, Jay Lawrence // Texas International Law Journal;Summer2007, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p369
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Mads Andenas and Stefan Zleptnig on World Trade Organization (WTO) law and another by Sarah Worthington on property rights.
- Editor's Note. // Columbia Journal of World Business;Spring96, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p4
Introduces a series of articles on international property rights and trade.