Hilton revs up Formula One
- Gallaher risks brand value with price cuts. Bentley, Stephanie // Marketing Week;12/4/1997, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p20
Focuses on the launching of price cuts by Gallaher Tobacco for its Sovereign cigarettes to compete with Imperial. Importance seen in the company's marketing campaign for the brand to get the number one market share; Observers' view that Sovereign's price will increase gradually after dominating...
- Gallaher in Â£10m brand campaign ahead of ad ban. Kleinman, Mark // Marketing (00253650);5/23/2002, p1
Reports on the plans of cigarette company Gallaher Tobacco to market its Mayfair and Hamlet budget brands in Great Britain.
- Govt looks at ban on extensions after B&H tests own coffee brand. // Campaign (UK);10/09/98, Issue 41, p2
Reports that after Benson and Hedges company unveiled plans to test-market a coffee in the United Kingdom (UK), the government warned tobacco companies that they will be barred from extending their product brands into other product areas. Role which the Department of Health is to play;...
- B&H in for long run once again. Warner, Fara // Brandweek;3/28/94, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p8
Reports on the revised promotional campaign of Philip Morris USA's Benson and Hedges brand. Release in May 1994 consumer magazines; Marketing of Special Kings brand in 1992; 1993 `The Smooth Edge' campaign; 1992 decrease in volume share.
- GALLAHER GROUP Plc. // Marketing (00253650);2/20/2003, p50
Presents a profile of the Great Britain subsidiary of the Gallaher Group PLC, Gallaher Ltd. which manufactures, markets and distributes tobacco products in the country. Names of several brands of the company; Location of other subsidiaries of the Galleher Group; Acquisitions made by the...
- TBWA Paris and Red Cell vie for Benson & Hedges work. Tylee, John // Campaign (UK);7/20/2001, Issue 29, p2
Reports the advertising of Benson & Hedges cigarette brand of Gallaher in Europe. Competition between TBWA Paris and Red Cell on the assignment; Goal of the advertisement; Details on the selection of an advertising agency for the commercial.
- B&H ends cricket cup sponsorship. Kleinman, Mark // Marketing (00253650);3/14/2002, p2
Reports the implication of the withdrawal of the sports sponsorship of Benson & Hedges in Great Britain. Replacement of the Benson & Hedges Cup; Ways of getting the attention of the people in country cricket; Schedule of the game matches.
- Silk Cut's slick mag. Wentz, Laurel // Advertising Age;7/17/1995, Vol. 66 Issue 28, p34
Reports that Gallaher Tobacco has distributed 50-page magazines in Great Britain promoting its Silk Cut cigarettes. Magazine features.
- B&H set to target younger smokers. Tylee, John // Campaign;10/30/98, Issue 44, p1
Focuses on the launching of Gallaher's B&H Mellow Blend, designed for younger smokers. Criticism on the advertising for the product set by M&C Saatchi company; Budget for the advertising; Comment from Action on Smoking & Health, anti-tobacco lobbyists in Great Britain.