Buy On Weakness
- Firm has 8.88%stake in Natuzzi. // Furniture/Today;2/3/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p31
Reports on the share of stocks acquired by the investment company Tweedy Browne & Co. LP in the leather upholstery maker Natuzzi in New York City.
- Trinity Mirror. // Campaign;2/3/2006, Issue 5, p8
The article focuses on issues related to Trinity Mirror PLC. Even before last week's confirmation that Sir Victor Blank, the chairman of Trinity Mirror, was stepping down, the media world was abuzz with suggestions as to what his departure would mean for the newspaper publisher. Speculation has...
- WHO SAYS IT CAN'T BE LEARNED? // Fortune;4/3/1995, Vol. 131 Issue 6, p74
Focuses on the Browne family of Tweedy Browne in New York City, one of the country's most successful money managers. How the firm produced an annual return of 19.5% between 1959 and 1994; The principles of value investing; Origins of the firm; How two generations of Brownes have been successful...
- PRODUCTS. // Money Management Executive;5/6/2013, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p4
The article offers news briefs related to banking and finance including as of 2013 across the world on topics including mutual funds, equities and financial performance.
- Expense Ratios Hide 'Invisible Costs'. // BizEd;May/Jun2013, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p56
The article discusses the question whether a stock's published expense ratio is an accurate measure of mutual fund performance.
- The Tortoise Portfolio. Larson, Paul // Morningstar StockInvestor;1/15/2007, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p2
The article discusses the performance of Tortoise Portfolio, a U.S. index fund designed to outperform S&P 500 Index and generate positive return regardless of the prevailing interest rate on the stock market. The index fund has realized a total rate of return of 88.1% since 2001, while S&P has...
- The Hare Portfolio. Larson, Paul // Morningstar StockInvestor;1/15/2007, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p4
The article discusses the performance of Hare Portfolio, a U.S. index mutual fund designed to outperform the S&P 500 Index and generate positive return regardless of the prevailing market rate in the stock market. The portfolio has realized a rate of return of 54.64% since 2001. The fund has...
- Three-Year Champs. Wallace, Karen // Morningstar FundInvestor;Feb2006, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p13
The article focuses on several top and worst performing funds as of 2006. Janus Contrarian , Diamond Hill Small Cap, and American Funds Tax-Exempt Bond are the fund leaders. The fund laggards are Royce Special Equity and Tweedy Browne Global Value. List of the ten best and worst performing funds...
- FINANCIAL DATA. // Caribbean Business;5/8/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p68
Presents several charts about the financial data of business enterprises in Puerto Rico as of May 2003. Corporate stocks; Mutual funds; Bond yield of the U.S. Treasury.