A Taste of What's in Store
- Insight: Adam Morgan on Insight ... Adding the eggs factor to the ordinary. // Campaign Asia-Pacific;May2014, p36
I love stories of people who make what should be a commoditised product premium, even precious. Hiroshi Mikitani, the founder of Japan's Rakuten has a favourite story he tells in interviews of how he was approached by an egg farmer who wanted to become one of Rakuten's first merchants.
- Japan's 40 Richest. Minami, Kiyoe // Forbes Asia;6/19/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p43
The article presents a list of the 40 richest businessmen in Japan. It includes Masayoshi Son, chief executive of Softbank, Yasuo Takei, founder of Takefuji, Kunio Busujima, chairman of Sankyo, Yoshitaka Fukuda, head of Aiful, and Hiroshi Mikitani, founder of Rakuten.
- BACK TO THE FUTURE. Schankweiler, David A. // Central Penn Business Journal;8/12/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p4
The article offers strategies on how business leaders can look to the future and plan for the continued growth of their companies in the U.S.
- TRY SOMETHING NEW! Le Beau, Christina // Crain's Chicago Business;1/14/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p19
The article offers information on the New Year's resolutions by some local entrepreneurs in Chicago, Illinois for a more profitable and more productive business. According to Mike Miller of Gaga's LLC, his company will make additional features of its web site. Renee Wood of Comfort Co. will hire...
- Sons pool talents with father in joining family business. Yamada, Stefanie Hard // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;8/27/2004, Issue 323288, p16
Reports on the plan of businessman Jim Bogdanof to expand his Vineyard Pools business in Clovis, California. Design of the pools; Growth of the business of Bogdanof; Contact information.
- Room to grow. Arceneaux, Tainese // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;9/14/2007, Issue 323762, p8
The article reports on the potential economic development of Fresno, California. Most entrepreneurs opted to set up their businesses in the area, and various organizations, including the Economic Development Council (EDC) and the Central Valley Business Incubator (CVBI), provide a support system...
- Letting Grow. Henricks, Mark // Entrepreneur;Mar2004, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p63
Presents a strategy for expanding business enterprises. Recommendation for entrepreneurs to avoid an owner-dependent operation; Concern of founders of maintaining service or product quality consistency with regards to geographic expansion; Concern over the owner's beliefs on their ability to...
- Life in the Fast Lane. Torres, Nichole L. // Entrepreneur;Mar2004, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p90
Discusses the consequences of a rapid growth of business enterprises. Need for entrepreneurs to take inventory of businesses prior to making a growth plan; Importance of defining personal goals; Suggestion to overestimate the amount of capital to accommodate rising orders; Need for...
- Blueprint for growth. Heathcote, Andrew // BRW;4/8/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p66
Focuses on the need for business operators to delegate management responsibilities. Risks of delegation; Importance of timing; Management of fast expansion; Consideration of the faith of consumers on the company.