It Takes a Crisis
- Sony's stoic Stringer faces first media backlash. // Daily Variety;6/27/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 59, p4
The article presents that author's insights concerning chief executive officer Howard Stringer's management of the Sony Corp. in generating profits and dealing with the Anonymous hackers stealing information from the company's system.
- Sony courting Tele-TV's Stringer. // MediaWeek;04/07/97, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p3
Reports on Tele-TV President Howard Stringer's talks with Sony Corp. for a possible senior position at the company.
- CAN SONY SPARK AS STRINGER REWIRES? Frater, Patrick // Variety;9/26/2005, Vol. 400 Issue 6, p7
This article reports on Sony's September 22, 2005 presentation announcing a new management structure and 10,000 staff cuts. Executive Howard Stringer, flanked by Sony prexy Ryoji Chubachi and chief financial officer Nobuyuki Oneda, acknowledged that some 15 product lines are to be eliminated,...
- Sony's CEO: Armed with charm. Bart, Peter // Daily Variety;6/12/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 50, p2
The article focuses on the qualities and vision of Sony chief executive Howard Stringer. Every Stringer profile in magazines and newspapers mention his charm. Stringer likes to talk and he is both witty and articulate. He aims to focus on his champion brands rather than scattering his energies...
- Stringer eyes new deals. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;12/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p58
Focuses on Howard Stringer's plans for Sony Corp. of America as he was recently promoted as chairman of the company. Stringer's denial of speculations that Sony necessarily seeks to own or merge with a broadcast network; Overview on the responsibilities of Stringer under his new appointment in...
- Stringer takes top U.S. Sony post. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;04/21/97, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p50
Reports on the naming of Howard Stringer as president of Sony Corp. of America. Job description; Efforts of the company to expand its reach in the Internet, digital broadcasting and computer technologies.
- Sony set to reach earnings goal. Schilling, Mark // Daily Variety;12/12/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 55, p28
The article reports on the 5% target set by the Sony Corp. in Tokyo. According to the Chief executive officer and chairman Howard Stringer, the goal adjustment is a good intelligent move, which will strengthen its sales and operations. However, the documented ex-rate volatility and stock price...
- Sony rings Stringer for prexy post. Cox, Dan // Variety;04/21/97, Vol. 366 Issue 12, p9
Reports on the appointment of Howard Stringer as president of Sony Corp. of America effective April 17, 1997. Previous tenure as president of CBS Broadcast; Significance of the appointment to Sony; Duties and responsibilities of Stringer as Sony president.
- Stringer competes for Sony's crowded exec suite. Flint, Joe; Busch, Anita M. // Variety;04/07/97, Vol. 366 Issue 10, p4
Reports on the plans of Howard Stringer to join Sony Corp. of America in a senior position. Restructuring done by the company on its New York office; Possible positions to be given to Stringer.