Ships, Planes, Fashion and Fun
- Avoiding Sins, and Pirates. Cunningham, Susan J. // Forbes Asia;5/25/2009, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p18
The article focuses on Precious Shipping Ltd. (PSL), a shipping company based in Thailand. The company has not been affected much by the global financial crisis in the years 2008 and 2009. It earned a net profit of $148 million in 2008, an increase of 5 percent compared to the net profit in the...
- Back on the chain gang. Hill, Peter // Farmers Weekly;4/10/2015, Issue 997, p1
The article offers brief information on several agricultural equipments including a three-point linkage mounted spreader from Fleming Agri-Products, the Three-model Dung Spreader from GP Engineering, and a flail spreader from Major Equipment.
- Improving board effectiveness by evaluating director performance. Thain, Donald H.; Leighton, David S.R. // Business Quarterly;Autumn92, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p23
Focuses on the application of the time-tested, basic elements of control on board of directors. Question about the power and effectiveness of boards of directors as the key element in corporate governance; Six possible remedies to improve boards; Improvement of boards through evaluation; Role...
- It's time for a new breed of director. Tapp, Lawrence G. // Business Quarterly;Spring96, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p7
Focuses on the role of directors of corporations in crafting the mission, vision and strategic positioning of the organization. Compensation of directors; Investigation of corporate governance.
- Making sense of due diligence. Rovet, Ernest // CA Magazine;Oct93, Vol. 126 Issue 9, p55
Analyzes the role of directors in meeting their corporate and public responsibilities concerning the environment. Traditional management-information-systems concepts; Environmental audit and environmental management system as foundations of due diligence; Assurance of communication between...
- Executive leadership in Northeast Ohio. // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/12/94, Vol. 15 Issue 50, following p8
Reports on the activist trend in Northeast Ohio's corporate boards. Increase in the level of involvement of board members in 1994; Board's reflection of society's diversity in terms of race and gender; Quality of life and low cost of living in Northeast Ohio as attraction for god senior-level...
- Outside director can be valuable foil to owner. Danco, Leon // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/11/94, Vol. 15 Issue 15, Crain's Small Business pS-3
Presents guidelines for choosing outside directors for family-owned company. Functions and traits of an outside director; Outside director's contrast from paid advisers.
- A 12-step program aimed at corporate boardaholics. Wackerle, Frederick W. // Crain's Chicago Business;01/05/98, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p11
Highlights the possibility of a program `Betty Ford Clinic for Boardaholics.' Aims of the program; Reference to executives sitting on too many board; Steps that should be considered.
- Boards smaller now, more independent. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug90, Vol. 11 Issue 63, p28
Highlights the results of a report on board of directors composition and organization in the United States. Median size of boards; Difficulty in adding up to boards; Comparison of the number of outside directors with the number of employee directors.