The "Spy" in the Lab
- PROTECTING YOUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ONLINE. Dorf, Jonathan // Dramatist;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p36
The article offers tips for playwrights on safeguarding their intellectual property online. Playwrights are advised to select their search engine and their search terms, and find and follow the links. Playwrights should also know their productions and gather evidence. When an infringement has...
- LETTERS. Polivka, Jiri; McDermott, T. J.; Solanace, Don; Walters, Ann Marie; Osko, Charles; Presky, Larry; Speller, D.; Herkel, Bill; Parund, Dolores; Suttmeier, Pete; Leahy, Ed // Machine Design;10/6/2011, Vol. 83 Issue 17, p2
Letters to the editor are presented in response to articles published in previous issues including "Let's Open the Door to Skilled Immigrants" and responses from older engineers on technological advances in the engineering fields.
- But Can China Innovate? Powell, Bill; Steptoe, Sonja // Time International (South Pacific Edition);6/27/2005, Issue 25, p31
The article states that China needs to move from an economy that makes goods more cheaply to one whose goods are high on innovation, in order to meet the growing expectations of the Chinese people. The country produces four times as many engineers as the U.S., and its spending on basic R&D is...
- Google Inc. SWOT Analysis. // Google Inc. SWOT Analysis;Apr2014, p1
A business analysis of Google Inc., U.S. technology firm which provides internet search engine, is presented, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvement and threats to the company. Strengths include benefits from dominance of Google search engines. Weaknesses include...
- Engineering design and intellectual property: where do they meet? Koh, Edwin // Research in Engineering Design;Oct2013, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p325
'Someone else has patented this before'. This is the last thing you would want to hear after months of intensive engineering design work. Yet, this is not uncommon. There is a link between engineering design and intellectual property (IP). However, the boundary between them is not always well...
- AkzoNobel Begins Legal Action in China for Protection Technology to Make MCA. // China Chemical Reporter;1/6/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the complaint of AkzoNobel NV against China Tianchen Engineering Corp. for alleged copying of proprietary information in respect of eco-premium MCA (monochloroacetic acid) production technology
- PROPIEDAD INDUSTRIAL E INTELECTUAL. // MK - Marketing mÃ¡s Ventas;Jun2012, Vol. 26 Issue 280, p59
No abstract available.
- Takata settles airbag sensors patent infringement case. Halcom, Chad // Crain's Detroit Business;9/7/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p0010
The article reports that the Japanese auto supplier Takata Corp. are settling its six-year patent infringement case with International Electronics & Engineering (IEE) SA and subsidiary IEE Sensing Inc. for $1.1 million. It states that U.S. District Chief Judge Gerald Rose ordered Takata AG and...
- Trademark Strategy in the Internet Age: Customer Hijacking and the Doctrine of Initial Interest Confusion. Scott, Clifford D. // Journal of Retailing;Jun2013, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p176
Abstract: Internet search engines allow rapid access to customers â€“ and the potential for rapid loss of customers. â€œSearch engine optimizationâ€ techniques create a direct mechanical pathway to inertial disruption, allowing a website owner to hijack â€œFirm A''sâ€...