Palm Oil Pal
- Wilmar to raise $153M; eyes Indonesia biodiesel. Cheok Soh Hui // Chemical Market Reporter;7/24/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 3, p13
The article reports on the plan of agribusiness company with interests in palm oil and biofuels Wilmar International to raise $153.2 million in a share placement in Singapore. The company will also construct its first biodiesel plant in Indonesia. According to Kuok Khoon Hong, chairman and CEO...
- Buying Binge. KARMALI, NAAZNEEN; BAHREE, MEGHA; SAVAGE, PHYLLIS FANG; FLANNERY, RUSSELL; KILACHAND, SEAN; NAM, SUZANNE; JETLEY, NEERJA PAWHA; PHROMCHANYA, PHISANU; RAGHUNATHAN, ANURADHA; SCOTT, MARY E.; SORVINO, CHLOE; TAN, JESSICA // Forbes Asia;Aug2014, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p76
The article offers information on top 50th richest person in Singapore including Khoo Teck Puat, Kuok Khoon Hong and Ron Sim. Khoo Teck Puat is the founder of Maybank and investor in Standard Chartered Bank. Kuok Khoon Hong is the chairman and chief executive officer of palm oil giant Wilmar...
- SINGAPORE'S 40 RICHEST. Nam, Suzanne; Chen, Caroline; Nguyen, Lan Ann; Savage, Phyllis Fang; Fannin, Rebecca; Flannery, Russell // Forbes Asia;Aug2010, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p38
The article provides brief profiles of Singapore's richest executives including Wee Cho Yaw, Kuok Khoon Hong, and Peter Lim. It describes the career of United Overseas Bank Ltd.'s chairman Wee Cho Yaw with assets worth 3.6 billion dollars. The executive Kuok Khoon Hong owns the Wilmar...
- Wilmar's Harvest. Nguyen, Lan Anh // Forbes Asia;Aug2010, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p41
The article provides information on Wilmar International Inc. founded by Kuok Khoon Hong and Martua Sitorus.
- SWEET SUCCESS. Buckley, James // Estates Gazette;6/11/2011, Issue 1123, p54
The article deals with the acquisition of the Aviva tower in London, England by the Kuok family of Malaysia for 288.2 million British pounds. It provides a background of the property portfolio of Robert Kuok, the media-shy former sugar magnate, outside Great Britain. Information is presented on...
- Wilmar quadruples bio-plan. Kovac, Matt; Gordon, Michael // ICIS Chemical Business;9/4/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 33, p34
The article reports on the plan of Wilmar International to quadruple its biodiesel production in Indonesia. The company will invest $35 million to add two more biodiesel plants, with a capacity of 350,000 tonne per year each, in the second and third quarters of 2007. According to Kuok Khoon...
- Man of Steel. Brown, Heidi; Vardi, Nathan // Forbes Global;3/28/2005, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p40
Features Russian billionaire Alexander Shnaider. Personal background of the billionaire; Challenges faced by Shnaider following his decision to venture out of Ukraine and in the steel industry; Description of Shnaider as a businessman.
- Soaring Wealth. Evans, Katie // Forbes Asia;2010 Special Issue, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p37
The article presents information on the top ten gainers on the world's billionaires list. Mexican phone man Carlos Slim has added 18.5 dollar billions to his fortune in the past year. India's Savitri Jindal, nonexecutive chair of conglomerate O.P. Jindal Group, added 9.5 billion dollars to her...
- Latin American Billionaires. // Latin Trade (English);Sep99, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p24
Presents the ten richest individuals in Latin America as of September 1999. Name of the billionaires; Ranking; Country; Net worth in United States dollars.